Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Administrator
13,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been pretty much customizing my bike nonstop for the past 2 years, little things here and there, one thing at a time. once i get my re-upholstered seat back in a few days i will be completely done and will post pics of everything with a complete list of mods and parts and such. i can't think of a single thing i ever want to change on it. in the mean time, here's a little teaser of the custom paint job i just put on it. it's bone wrapped in rusted barb wire.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
From what I saw before, and now, the guy doin your paint looks to be a cat's ass on paintin:) Lookin forward to see your finished product:D Ride safe. (better clarify, cat's ass means very good in my neck of the woods, not sure it means the same thing all over)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
whoever started the idea that cat's ass could be translated as a good thing?
:D Sure don't know either, is pretty weird, huh? I ain't a pup by any means, and it has always been in the langauge here, must be one of those colloquialisum things;) (look it up folks, if you care to learn) Just havin fun here, you all ride safe:D

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hmmm:confused: I've always heard it as (the cats meow). But then again I'm from Buffalo, where we call soda, (pop).:)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Sure did drift from the thread of bevo quickly, huh? I will pollute the thread one more time, then DONE! To some here soda is pop, but all soft drinks to us are cokes, Coke, Pepsi, Big red, Moutain Dew, ect, all are"wanna go get a coke?" Just us folks here. Redneck, country:cool:

·
Registered
214 Posts
OH Oh !... another post jack in this thread

Shitfire, now I heard everything !! :rolleyes:

A Yankee calling himself a redneck Wait !!.. you're in Indiana..:eek:
You're still a Yankee !!.. How is that redneck country ??

You need to move quite a bit further South to have that moniker apply

:D:D:D

Hell, I'm a Texan transplanted to the desert and I still know "dat dem dere boys are jus a ways east o home, not up yonder"

;)

OK OK !! back to the original thread

BEVO........hurry up, now that photo is quite a tease . Can't wait to see how this motif is pulled off.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yeah bevo, we wanna see the bike and we wanna see it now.:p

·
Administrator
13,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i get my seat back next week so pics will come after that. as far as the vids, i'm having to upgrade my computer so i can do proper HD vid editing. haven't gotten the new computer yet so it will be some time after then. but here's 2 more teasers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice to see another Southern Indiana boy.. Someone that knows what Big Red is anyways!!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Sugar Bear mentioned Big Red several posts ago. LOL I know what Big Red is, but is it Pop, Soda, Soda Pop or a just a coke?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've always said, I'll take a Coke please.

Damn !!.. wouldn't you know..:D:D I get a Coke every time, no questions asked or problems with understanding the original statement...:p:p:p

·
Registered
778 Posts
I've always said, I'll take a Coke please.

Damn !!.. wouldn't you know..:D:D I get a Coke every time, no questions asked or problems with understanding the original statement...:p:p:p
What flavor of Coke do you drink? I like Grape Nehi

·
Administrator
13,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
born and raised in Texas and never subscribed to the whole pop, sodapop, coke, whatever business. my family has and i never understood it. you want a coke, you get a coca cola. you want a pepsi, you get a pepsi. you want a dr. pepper or mr. pibb and you get exactly that. you want a soda or a sodapop and you'd better specify what you want.

on a 'side' note, just got my seat in today. my bike is FINALLY finished. well, sort of. i'm not 100% satisfied with the color i chose now that it see it on the seat and on the bike so i'm gonna get some conditioning oil or something to try to make it darker or look more aged. it's basically vinyl, not actual leather*. so the pics are coming SOON. just want to find a good backdrop/scenery for some photos.

any advice or suggestions on treating the vinyl to darken it?

*leather would have looked awesome, but it was way more expensive, you have to treat it and condition it regularly, can't really get it wet, has a propensity to crack, is a lot less comfortable, and ages or wears out sooner than vinyl

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
That is a fantastic paint job Bevo, I have never seen anything like that, where did you get the idea. Look forward to seeing the completed bike. Will you give her a nickname?

Down here someone would say that paint job is 'Hot ****' or an older one 'The Ducks Guts', which are total compliments by the way.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts