Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there fitted bar risers to their 2011 950. I bought Baron 2" pullback risers which were supposed to fit. they didn't couldn't turn handlebars once fitted.
It would appear that I need to risers as well as pullbacks. I don't really want to have to extend cables etc to do it.
Guess what i'm basically asking has anyone done it, if so what brand, type were used
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bevo1981 for the reply. Yes couldn't turn the wheel is what I meant. Just to confirm with the 3 inch risers did the original cables/hoses fit or did they have to be lengthened.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks Bevo1981 for the reply. Yes couldn't turn the wheel is what I meant. Just to confirm with the 3 inch risers did the original cables/hoses fit or did they have to be lengthened.
With some risers, the cables have to be re-routed around the triple tree to compensate.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
You've given us almost no information to help you.

1.) Why won't the bars turn? Tell us what the exact issue is. "Couldn't turn the handlebars" tells us absolutely nothing except it sounds like you have something screwed up in your installation and are possibly not trained enough to do this kind of modification.

2.) What the heck are you trying to put on? A picture would help tremendously. Is this a riser...or a riser extension or what?

3.) If you've never done this before, I'd take it in to somebody that has. Remember that any modification you make can cost you your life. Be 100% sure that what you are doing is 100% correct. If you aren't sure, pay to have it done and hopefully watch them do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is there some sort of trick to removing OEM risers from a 950? I've taken the nuts off the bottom and removed the cable guide bracket but I still can't get the risers to come loose? I'm assuming that the bolts are just tight inside the riser bushings but not 100% sure. Any words of wisdom? Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts