Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a connector to the right side of the battery under the seat which is not connected to anything. it is a big connector with a lot of wires coming into it and it has a cover and is protected by a rubber sheath...so i think it is like that from the factory.

can anyone tell me what its for? is it possibly the yamaha connector for the factory alarm?

R.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No actually its not a relay...my relay unit is just below it and is attached (as most relays are) with a clip....I will take a photo and try to upload it here....it reminds me of the diagnostic connectors which exist in some cars so that you can plug a pc into them....but I dont think it is ???

R.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dear all sorry for ignoring this thread but I was in bed with fever and m wife forbade me from going to the garage ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a view of my underseat from the brake (right) side with one photo showing the plug without its boot

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
are there factory options for the bike that would get plugged in there maybe?

the wiring diagram for the 950 should show what it is, in the shop manual.

The shop manual for the VS 650 is available online (free), I dont know about the 950.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the shop manual...but I am not good at reading electrical wiring diagrams

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder if its a european thing? Do the american V-star 950s (2009) have them???

If it is a diagnostic lead...then I should be able to buy the connecting cable to hook it up to a laptop and do all sorts of weird and wonderful things to it :)

it could be the connector for the standard accessory Yamaha alarm....

I know that on the other 2 yamahas I own, Mamayama had left loose connectors for a plug and play alarm installation

R.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts