Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys,
Who has changed their's to lower your RPM's at highway speed and what pulley did you go with?? I know you can go from a 30T to a 31T without issues and i've heard that one from a harley will fit. Does anyone know which ones??

·
Registered
418 Posts
Here is the text from another forum on the subject.

My comment: I'm really surprised that the Harley pulley will fit on the splined counter shaft of the 950. The HD pulley being made in the USA and the 950 being Metric. Hmm?

Answer: It doesn't fit. What happens is they take the Yamaha pulley off and machine it smooth all the way around. Then they cut out the interior of a larger Harley pulley and fit it over the Yamaha one. Then they weld the two pieces together to make a new larger pulley. Very precise machining and about $400 to have done but works great.

Good Luck Augie

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't checked on the rear pulley. Was hoping for a cheaper easier way. Guess that never happens tho. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
260 Posts
The rear pulley on the 950 is the same as the 1300, 1700, and 1900. I believe that the Raider has a smaller pulley but it's around $650. That's why I modified the front pulley on mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts