Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about purchasing the OEM Passing lamps for my 950. I have not seen a set on a bike first hand. I've seen a couple of 950's with off brand lights and they looked kind of cheap. They are expensive so I'm looking for someone's opinion who put them on their bike.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I had the Yamaha passing lamps installed on my 2012 Vstar 950 T. The appearance is great and they do not look cheap...my opinion

Sorry I do not have a pic, but might be able to upload a pic tomorrow if you want?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Here's a shot of the OEM passing lights on my 2012 950T.

20141211_111316.jpg

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks fellas...jp1 has the same color (blk) as mine and the passing lights are identical on both bikes except for the fancy guards on the blue bike. And I like those. It dresses the bike a bit more!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here's a shot of the OEM passing lights on my 2012 950T.

View attachment 43825
Here ya go....

Great looking motorcycles gentleman! I am very interested in getting the candy red of the same motorcycle.

Hopefully soon!

I have had a Honda 1100 to carry both me and my wife...both weigh about 130 each. I am sure this 950 will have no problems!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey JP1, is that an Ultimate seat you have on your bike? Do you like it?
The passing lamp kit was around $310 (ordered online from yamahasportsplaza.com), plus local dealer installation which I forget how much they charged me. I looked into trying it myself, caved, and then wrote them a check to install it for me. :rolleyes:

Yes, that was an Ultimate Seat (rider, rider backrest, passenger, and passenger pillion). I liked them so much that I bought another whole set when I traded in the 950 for a 1300 Deluxe...minus the driver backrest which actually fit on the 1300.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts