Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the stock risers on my 950 and cannot get the old risers to come out. I have the two nuts on the bottom removed and the cable guide bracket loose. Still, the old risers won't budge. What am I doing wrong or missing? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,569 Posts
On my 1100 the stock risers were stuck inside the riser bushing. I placed the cap back on riser, used a piece of pipe that was about same diameter as bars and turned the riser, one riser at a time. Hope that made sense. All kinds of rusty junk was in there. Keep us informed on progress. By the way, I put 4.5 up and 2.5 back riser on mine. It was like riding a new bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm putting some mini-buckhorn bars and 4" risers in place of the stock stuff. I tried putting the cap back on and used a ratchet handle but I didn't really put much pressure on it as I didn't want to break anything. I'll give it a go again tomorrow but I'll use some force and see how it turns out. Thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, the caps are off and the bottom nuts are off. Nothing is left holding them on. They simply just don't want to come out. Doesn't look like there's any rust build up anywhere. I'm going out to the garage in a little while and put the caps back on and put a handle from my jack thru one and try to twist it off with a little more force than I tried before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts