Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
That doesn't surprise me at all, They have been selling like crazy up here, IMHO, but I think Yamaha has got a real winner with this bike.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that it's not perfect, I would have to say they are awsome! they have made quite a few improvements on this model, the bike is priced just right and, the light manuverability and low seat height is a definite plus factor.

Dennis

·
Registered
35 Posts
Winner!

I could not agree more with you guys!! The 950 is an awsome bike; sells great even on a small island like Curacao!!;)

Ride Safe :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought the 950 and it's my first bike so I'm not sure how it is compared to others but I have to say I love it! Easy to handle and great ride. I get a lot of compliments on the bike on how great it looks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just bought the 950 and it's my first bike so I'm not sure how it is compared to others but I have to say I love it! Easy to handle and great ride. I get a lot of compliments on the bike on how great it looks.
Same here! It's definitely awesome and a compliment-getter!

·
Registered
9 Posts
And for me too, 950 star definitely wins it. Just bought one, foregoing my childhood dream of owning a Harley. After hours of research and some agonising, the 950 just swept me away. I wonder, does anyone seriously think I'll live to regret passing on the Harley? I live in a small town, with most rides only 20 minutes, so the Harley 883 iron would have been perfect. But IMHO, nothing (except maybe the Victory Vegas 8-ball, or Hammer) looks or handles as good as Yam's new 950 v twin. The more I read about this bike, the more I like it. Roll on tomorrow when I get to ride it for the first time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Although I don't own a 950, my opinion is that you made a better decision buying one instead of the 883.
I ride with a group and one of the bikes is an 07 883. It shakes and has started the infamous Harley trait of leaking oil. This rider, a lady, took a trip with her husband, he drives a 1500 Suzuki, to South Dakota from N MS back in Sept and she is now looking for something that sits lower and is smoother. It's for sale now.

My oldest son's buddy bought a 06 883 brand new and it was in the shop more than he rode it.

If I were to buy a Harley...it would be one of the other lines....not the Sportster's. But that's me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
After 100 miles, I can't see how the 883 could compare on handling. Pretty good round bends, very stable and confident at speed. Would have struggled on the Iron and today was just hte first day

·
Registered
65 Posts
And for me too, 950 star definitely wins it. Just bought one, foregoing my childhood dream of owning a Harley. After hours of research and some agonising, the 950 just swept me away. I wonder, does anyone seriously think I'll live to regret passing on the Harley? I live in a small town, with most rides only 20 minutes, so the Harley 883 iron would have been perfect. But IMHO, nothing (except maybe the Victory Vegas 8-ball, or Hammer) looks or handles as good as Yam's new 950 v twin. The more I read about this bike, the more I like it. Roll on tomorrow when I get to ride it for the first time.
Bro I ride with some really hard core harley riders,yeah some will ride with metric muscle.
A few have taken my ride out for a laugh as they say & have come back with a look of surprise & bewilderment on thier face.I wonder why.
Harleys are great bikes & will never loose thier status throughout the world,but metric muscle are here & now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
950 Muscle

Bro I ride with some really hard core harley riders,yeah some will ride with metric muscle.
A few have taken my ride out for a laugh as they say & have come back with a look of surprise & bewilderment on thier face.I wonder why.
Harleys are great bikes & will never loose thier status throughout the world,but metric muscle are here & now.
Amen!!!!:D

Ride safe....:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts