Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
That doesn't surprise me at all, They have been selling like crazy up here, IMHO, but I think Yamaha has got a real winner with this bike.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that it's not perfect, I would have to say they are awsome! they have made quite a few improvements on this model, the bike is priced just right and, the light manuverability and low seat height is a definite plus factor.

Dennis

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought the 950 and it's my first bike so I'm not sure how it is compared to others but I have to say I love it! Easy to handle and great ride. I get a lot of compliments on the bike on how great it looks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
And for me too, 950 star definitely wins it. Just bought one, foregoing my childhood dream of owning a Harley. After hours of research and some agonising, the 950 just swept me away. I wonder, does anyone seriously think I'll live to regret passing on the Harley? I live in a small town, with most rides only 20 minutes, so the Harley 883 iron would have been perfect. But IMHO, nothing (except maybe the Victory Vegas 8-ball, or Hammer) looks or handles as good as Yam's new 950 v twin. The more I read about this bike, the more I like it. Roll on tomorrow when I get to ride it for the first time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Although I don't own a 950, my opinion is that you made a better decision buying one instead of the 883.
I ride with a group and one of the bikes is an 07 883. It shakes and has started the infamous Harley trait of leaking oil. This rider, a lady, took a trip with her husband, he drives a 1500 Suzuki, to South Dakota from N MS back in Sept and she is now looking for something that sits lower and is smoother. It's for sale now.

My oldest son's buddy bought a 06 883 brand new and it was in the shop more than he rode it.

If I were to buy a Harley...it would be one of the other lines....not the Sportster's. But that's me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
And for me too, 950 star definitely wins it. Just bought one, foregoing my childhood dream of owning a Harley. After hours of research and some agonising, the 950 just swept me away. I wonder, does anyone seriously think I'll live to regret passing on the Harley? I live in a small town, with most rides only 20 minutes, so the Harley 883 iron would have been perfect. But IMHO, nothing (except maybe the Victory Vegas 8-ball, or Hammer) looks or handles as good as Yam's new 950 v twin. The more I read about this bike, the more I like it. Roll on tomorrow when I get to ride it for the first time.
Bro I ride with some really hard core harley riders,yeah some will ride with metric muscle.
A few have taken my ride out for a laugh as they say & have come back with a look of surprise & bewilderment on thier face.I wonder why.
Harleys are great bikes & will never loose thier status throughout the world,but metric muscle are here & now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
950 Muscle

Bro I ride with some really hard core harley riders,yeah some will ride with metric muscle.
A few have taken my ride out for a laugh as they say & have come back with a look of surprise & bewilderment on thier face.I wonder why.
Harleys are great bikes & will never loose thier status throughout the world,but metric muscle are here & now.
Amen!!!!:D

Ride safe....:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.