Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I bought a '02 suzuki intruder 800 late in the riding season last year. My first bike after completing the riding course. Its an alright bike... well though it was until I test rode a '02 v star classic. These bikes are like caddys! Its got almost every option I imagine. It has cruise, windshield, saddle bags, floor boards, driver backrest, sissy bar, the works. It's an 1100 I believe will have to double check that. It has only 6500 miles and all it needs is a new rear tire. I put probably 15 miles on it today and fell in love.

They are asking 3500 and I think it can be bought for 3300. It sounds like an awesome price and I know I need to act soon if I want it. But, want to make sure I'm not getting hurt on the deal either. Is there anything I should look out for?

Let me know.

Thanks all,

Kyle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Kyle,
Sounds like a good deal as long as you can find out if there is any accident history of it. Other then that, I would say buy it. I have the same bike that I bought last fall and paid 4k for it from a private party.
Mark

·
Registered
305 Posts
That's a great price for an 1100. I had a $3500 bike budget and looked for almost a month for an 1100 before getting my 650 instead. I found a few 1100's in the 4k price range, but they were either way too far away from me or, in the case of the 3 I did look at, not very nice bikes.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I bought a 2000 V-Star Classic 1100 for $3000 and it had only 11,000 miles on it. They are a sweetheart of a bike. After a bit of tweeking and personalizing, you will be happy with your decision. Good luck.

BacknSaddle

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well by now you should have bought it, but this threads sucks without pics!!!!! JK, grab it, you will not regret it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I got my 02 1100 custom for $1900 ;) needed brake pads and a rear tire. Had cobras saddlebags sissy bar windshield and light bar. Guy needed cash bad so I lucked out. But that sounds about right. Look for others locally on Craigslist that may be cheaper see if you can talk em down.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
70 Posts
Bought my 2005 Silverado a year ago for $4800. It had 8000 miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.