Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I bought a '02 suzuki intruder 800 late in the riding season last year. My first bike after completing the riding course. Its an alright bike... well though it was until I test rode a '02 v star classic. These bikes are like caddys! Its got almost every option I imagine. It has cruise, windshield, saddle bags, floor boards, driver backrest, sissy bar, the works. It's an 1100 I believe will have to double check that. It has only 6500 miles and all it needs is a new rear tire. I put probably 15 miles on it today and fell in love.

They are asking 3500 and I think it can be bought for 3300. It sounds like an awesome price and I know I need to act soon if I want it. But, want to make sure I'm not getting hurt on the deal either. Is there anything I should look out for?

Let me know.

Thanks all,

Kyle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Kyle,
Sounds like a good deal as long as you can find out if there is any accident history of it. Other then that, I would say buy it. I have the same bike that I bought last fall and paid 4k for it from a private party.
Mark

·
Registered
305 Posts
That's a great price for an 1100. I had a $3500 bike budget and looked for almost a month for an 1100 before getting my 650 instead. I found a few 1100's in the 4k price range, but they were either way too far away from me or, in the case of the 3 I did look at, not very nice bikes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Paid 4k for an 05 1100 with 13k miles on it so it seems about the right price. Buy it you'll love it. Handles much better than my buddies Suzuki (Boulevard I think)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I bought a 2000 V-Star Classic 1100 for $3000 and it had only 11,000 miles on it. They are a sweetheart of a bike. After a bit of tweeking and personalizing, you will be happy with your decision. Good luck.

BacknSaddle

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Sounds like 650 pricing, or really good 1100 pricing - jump on it!

Cruise on a vstar? Maybe a throttle lock of some kind? I know there is true cruise, but very pricey and difficult to install.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well by now you should have bought it, but this threads sucks without pics!!!!! JK, grab it, you will not regret it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just got an 05 classic for 3400 with 5500 miles on it, was a garage queen. I'd def jump on it because I looked around and most were 4k plus and had an average of 18k on them

·
Registered
145 Posts
I got my 02 1100 custom for $1900 ;) needed brake pads and a rear tire. Had cobras saddlebags sissy bar windshield and light bar. Guy needed cash bad so I lucked out. But that sounds about right. Look for others locally on Craigslist that may be cheaper see if you can talk em down.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
70 Posts
Bought my 2005 Silverado a year ago for $4800. It had 8000 miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.