Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there;

Please view pictures attached.........

I'm looking to get some color matched hardbags for my V Satr but don't know for sure what color my bike is?

It was sold to me a an 1100 Classic but none of the color matches seem right and there is a factory windshield bracket so I suspect it's a stripped down Silverado the year is definitely 2007.

I'm sure the color is either "Bluish Silver", "Cerulean Silver" or Titanium.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link but all I seem to get is the model and year. Definitely no color info'.

Interestingly it comes up with the model code: XVS1100 does the 'S' stand for Silverado? or is it the same for the Classic model too?

Am I missing something?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
PM me the number

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still having trouble with this one.

I keep coming across 2007 V star classic/Silverado's that look the same color as mine listed as "Cerulean Silver"?? Has anyone else heard of this color and does it go by a different name? It does not show up anywhere on the colorrite website?

Just to clarify (as it may not be clear in the pictures attached) my bike is all one color not 2 tone. I'm convinced that this is a stripped down Silverado and not a "classic" (the dealer told me it was a classic). The reason I'm almost certain is that it does not have the fender struts and has a Yamaha windshield mount on it (looks like factory fit). Is there any way to tell for sure?

I'm 90% certain the bike is bluish silver - but what is cerulean silver??

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light

·
Registered
239 Posts
Still having trouble with this one.

I keep coming across 2007 V star classic/Silverado's that look the same color as mine listed as "Cerulean Silver"?? Has anyone else heard of this color and does it go by a different name? It does not show up anywhere on the colorrite website?

Just to clarify (as it may not be clear in the pictures attached) my bike is all one color not 2 tone. I'm convinced that this is a stripped down Silverado and not a "classic" (the dealer told me it was a classic). The reason I'm almost certain is that it does not have the fender struts and has a Yamaha windshield mount on it (looks like factory fit). Is there any way to tell for sure?

I'm 90% certain the bike is bluish silver - but what is cerulean silver??

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light
Did you pm your VIN number to Fulltilt? He's offering to look it up for you.

:)

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Basically the only difference from a classic and the silverado is the trim. Classic has decals on the finder, the windshield mount is the same. Silverado windshield has a lot of chrome but the same shield and studs on the seat. Nether one has struts. Cant you take the side cover to a paint store and have it matched? None the less I will go with the rest for it is a nice bike.

MODEL # xvs11atv silverado, xvs11aw classic, xs11v custom. model# on frame at gas tank and seat

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the info'

Does Cerulean silver go by any other name? Maybe "bluish silver"?

I can't find Cerulean Silver anywhere on the colorrite site?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Did you pm your VIN number to Fulltilt? He's offering to look it up for you.

I did pm Fulltilt and he was extremely helpful (thanks again if reading) but he came back with Titanium and I'm almost certain that titanium is too dark?

Also "Farm" suggested that I could tell which model my bike was from the model # but I can't find this on the bike anywhere just the VIN - he said I could find it: "on frame at gas tank and seat" do I have to remove the seat or gas tank to find the model # - it's definitely not on any of the 4 white stickers on the frame and swing arm?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I did pm Fulltilt and he was extremely helpful (thanks again if reading) but he came back with Titanium and I'm almost certain that titanium is too dark?

Also "Farm" suggested that I could tell which model my bike was from the model # but I can't find this on the bike anywhere just the VIN - he said I could find it: "on frame at gas tank and seat" do I have to remove the seat or gas tank to find the model # - it's definitely not on any of the 4 white stickers on the frame and swing arm?
My opinion and my opinion only. Your bike was a 2007 Silverado and the previous owner removed some of the equipment. You have the brackets for the windshield. You're missing the pillion and the backrest, chrome on the rear fender, mounting brackets and the saddle bags. As such it would be Cerulean Silver. If it were a classic then it would also be the same color as the Silverado is built on the Classic. See this description of the 2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Silverado.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Mole;

so my question is in order to get these bags color matched I need to give them the color rite code and I can't find Cerulean silver on their site anywhere.

Does Cerulean silver go by another name? e.g. Bluish silver or are they totally different colors.

I would take the bike to a shop but it's -8 and snowing (I live in Canada) and the nearest bike/body shop is 3hrs away.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thanks Mole;

so my question is in order to get these bags color matched I need to give them the color rite code and I can't find Cerulean silver on their site anywhere.

Does Cerulean silver go by another name? e.g. Bluish silver or are they totally different colors.

I would take the bike to a shop but it's -8 and snowing (I live in Canada) and the nearest bike/body shop is 3hrs away.
I would call your local Yammie dealer and ask them that question. I'm sure they can help you out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts