Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I'm new here, so forgive the newbie question. I just bought an '09 custom Tuesday. I LOVE this bike!!:D A question about the rear shock. Should I make the shock stiffer for riding 2 up? I will be around the max load for the bike(might be a little over). Will stiffening it up help in any way? The bike is perfect when I'm riding alone, but I haven't tried 2 up yet. Any and all advice will be great

By the way, I know I'm going to hear that I should have bought a bigger bike, but this was all I could afford, and I will be keeping it for quite a while.:)
Thanks again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dear wdwfans,
Greetings from Adelaide, South Australia. I have a 07 650 classic. I played around with the rear shock for a while - had the bike riding too hard with pillion on board, softened it a notch or so and have it spot on now, bike rides beautifully and only very rarely does it bottom out, usually only when we have quite a bit of extra gear on board. I have panniers and a good size bag on the rear rack. On our last trip we had to carry 10 litres of fuel as well as our other gear and the bike rode beautifully. Hope this is of help to you. Regards - Aussie.

·
Registered
10 Posts
first off never max out adjustments on any shock. 2 shouldn't have to stiffen shock if a little low with two 1 click should work. 3 remember this always the stiffer the suspension the less control youll have god forbid on turns bumps and weather such as rain. also if your new rider perfect bike to begin on and never ever let anyone hold on to the back support on rear seat. alot of people do but what happens is your limiting the bike from flexing with the riders and road. especially when ur going slow. sort of like corvette in the snow. good luck with the bike! be safe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts