Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

V star exhuast ideas... HELP!!

1K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  DamienšŸ’ˆ 
#1 Ā· (Edited)

just bought 05 V star 1100cc only 12k miles.. it has stock exhaust šŸ˜­ can anyone give me some guidance, suggestions or tips... Thinking slip on because im afraid of having to rejet carb for a full system. idk how to rejet carbšŸ˜¬šŸ¤¦. Thank u ā¤šŸšŸ

See less See more
#2 Ā·

#4 Ā·
I had Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust on my 1100. You don't need to rejet with just exhaust change, only if you do intake change also. Might need to turn PMS screws out some.

#9 Ā·
I had Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust on my 1100. You don't need to rejet with just exhaust change, only if you do intake change also. Might need to turn PMS screws out some.

View attachment 126931
Ty 4 tip

#5 Ā·
V-Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base - 3 Tuning carbs are set lean from the factory, a lean setting causes backfire on decelleration, the stock exhaust muffles the sound. it's not real load but can be annoying. turning the pms screws out will stop the popping. it's not hard to do if you have tools and are willing to learn how the bike operates. the forum is a wealth of knowledge.

#6 Ā·
This probably won't help you much since I have a different bike but I bought a Road Burner 2 into 1 for my 2016 1300 deluxe (EFI). I also bought a Arlen Ness Big Sucker along with a Cobra EFI controller (excellent support I should add). This setup was good for low end grunt but not so much for top end (long pipe, long baffle). I bought a stainless Danmoto 2 into 1 system with stepped headers and a short muffler. Man, THIS SETUP is excellent. Nice low end torque and superior top end. The Danmoto was cheap, like $300 CDN. Not sure if you can still get them.

#7 Ā·
I am in a similar situation. Purchased a 2007 v star 1100 with about 5000 miles on it, bone stock. I did a fair amount of upgrades including exhaust and opted for some Baron slip ons .

I had no issues with a full system, other than finding one at a good price. I eventually found the barons slip on for 300$ Canadian, which was a good price, so I jumped on it.

Slip on was a super easy install and I have to say I am very happy with it. Like 9.5/10. Super throaty and sounds great in all rev ranges.

#10 Ā·
I am in a similar situation. Purchased a 2007 v star 1100 with about 5000 miles on it, bone stock. I did a fair amount of upgrades including exhaust and opted for some Baron slip ons .

I had no issues with a full system, other than finding one at a good price. I eventually found the barons slip on for 300$ Canadian, which was a good price, so I jumped on it.

Slip on was a super easy install and I have to say I am very happy with it. Like 9.5/10. Super throaty and sounds great in all rev ranges.
Awsome ty im gonna check them out

#14 Ā· (Edited)
If you donā€™t know carbs, stay away from them. You can muck things up in a hurry and then have to pay someone to rectify the issue.

For slip ons, you do not need to have the carbs adjusted or re-jetted.

For a full system you ā€œmayā€ require re-jetting. If you do exhaust and air intake (or just air intake) you will definitely require a re-jet.

These are Baron nasty boy slip ons I just put on. These are the best sounding exhaust (slip ons or full system) I have heard. I just passed up a pair of Hard Krome full system because they didnā€™t sound nearly as good.

YMMV

#15 Ā·
If you donā€™t know carbs, stay away from them. You can muck things up in a hurry and then have to pay someone to rectify the issue.

For slip ons, you do not need to have the carbs adjusted or re-jetted.

For a full system you ā€œmayā€ require re-jetting. If you do exhaust and air intake (or just air intake) you will definitely require a re-jet.

These are Baron nasty boy slip ons I just put on. These are the best sounding exhaust (slip ons or full system) I have heard. I just passed up a pair of Hard Krome full system because they didnā€™t sound nearly as good.

YMMV

Those sound good im going to look for them online .... Price matters to im looking for something around $300 thanks for your advice

#16 Ā·
This is the best price I found for US $
$369.95 Baron Nasty Boy Slasher Slip On Mufflers Chr #149693

This is a Canadian site, cheaper (because its Canadian $), but not sure if they ship to US (assuming that's where you are)

And, here is a recent thread I had regarding the purchase of this exhaust

#17 Ā·
This is the best price I found for US $
$369.95 Baron Nasty Boy Slasher Slip On Mufflers Chr #149693

This is a Canadian site, cheaper (because its Canadian $), but not sure if they ship to US (assuming that's where you are)

And, here is a recent thread I had regarding the purchase of this exhaust
Cool i check that sire out I've been looking online several places and it's been out of stock šŸ˜­ hopefully that Canadian site has it
Ty šŸā¤

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.