Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So short story...
I travelled to a neighbor province to pick up my new 950 last May. Once I got it home on the trailer, I impatiently tried to unload it, to on my own. Lost control and tipped over, damaging my front fender.
Just had my truck repaired at an autobody shop and dropped off the fender for painting so it is back to mint condition.
Since it's-20C right now I think it looks good in the living room.
The wife says NO.
I say it needs to stay warm until spring for the paint to cure.
I'm not holding out hope for more than a 24 hour grace period.
Pictures....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with you all.
The doily is an important protection factor for the bottom corners of the freshly painted surfaces.
Just a coincedence that it double up to protect the entertainment center.
I just don't think this is going to last past tomorrow morning. Grace period is probably done.
I will be removing to safer storage before it gets moved for me.

Lots of stuff to put on before riding starts this May. See my introduction post with what I have been up too since I brought it home.
Today, looks like snow blowing for 2 hours when I get home.....

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
So short story...
I travelled to a neighbor province to pick up my new 950 last May. Once I got it home on the trailer, I impatiently tried to unload it, to on my own. Lost control and tipped over, damaging my front fender.
Just had my truck repaired at an autobody shop and dropped off the fender for painting so it is back to mint condition.
Since it's-20C right now I think it looks good in the living room.
The wife says NO.
I say it needs to stay warm until spring for the paint to cure.
I'm not holding out hope for more than a 24 hour grace period.
Pictures....
my 650 has been sitting in the spare room since january 10th mostly apart for cleaning and modifications

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should mention that the fact that the F150 is mettalic red and also a 2013 is complete coincidence and had absolutely no influence on my choice of motorcycle. None. Whatsoever. ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts