Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,088 Posts
Hi kc, why so shy? We're very open here, we'd love to know what yammy you ride, where you hail from, pics of your yammy, history of riding, your fav BBQ recipe for my buddy Corsair from the great white north, you know the important stuff, lol. BTW, welcome to the forum from the mountains of East Tennessee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi kc, why so shy? We're very open here, we'd love to know what yammy you ride, where you hail from, pics of your yammy, history of riding, your fav BBQ recipe for my buddy Corsair from the great white north, you know the important stuff, lol. BTW, welcome to the forum from the mountains of East Tennessee.

Mostly because these intro sections aren't visited much and I'm required to post here before participating in the regular threads.

I currently have a '85 Honda cb650 that I resurrected. It's great for around town commuting and stuff, but I'm trying to figure out which cruiser bike would be best suited for me for highway mile munching and weekend trips.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Welcome kc, from the Great (and still White) North. You'll find this is a great forum to hang out in. I'm new to VStars as well and they made me feel right at home. Sure helped me get through the long winter and I learned a few things along the way. Like Keith says, let us know more about your ride and post a pic if you can.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Oops. you posted your response while I was typing mine lol. I'm on my first cruiser and went with the 1100 Classic. Probably more than I need for myself but I thought the extra ccs would help when riding 2 up or out on the highway. Haven't got a lot of miles on yet but I'm finding it comfortable and easy to handle.

·
Super Moderator
6,088 Posts
Hey I understand kc, like NorthernRider said this this is a great forum.
The intros are read more than people realize. As a moderator/member, I try to read them all and welcome everyone just as I was warmly welcomed. I'm still here after a few years and still love it!

·
Super Moderator
4,630 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. Ride often and safe. I commute daily on an 1100 classic averaging 12k miles a year. No complaints or concerns. Very reliable. Wife and I do many day trips so 2 up riding not a issue. Post any questions you have about the V* and you will get plenty of feedback.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Keith Post is right, and very welcoming, himself. ;-)

I ride the 950, and did a lot of research before I bought it. I joined the forum about a week before I was delivered new to me cherry red metallic baby.

Any questions about the different models? Members do see these intros and may chime in on your interests. :)

Welcome.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
Welcome to the forum where everyone owns a different ride made just for their taste. Lots of knowledge and information available too! Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
if you wanna get your motor running and get out on the highway

you will want a bike big enough to sport a windshield, or better yet a fairing

and enough guts to cruise 85mph without panting.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome VStarNoob, from southwestern PA. Nice ride the Honda. Had a 750C myself once upon a time. Great ride. I ride an 1100 now, and wouldn't trade for nothin! Absolutely love it. If yer considering a Yamaha Cruiser, I think yer headin in the right direction. They're a great ride. At least the ones I have ridden. Many like the 950 and 1300 for the fuel injection. Maybe a little less maintenance. Let us know whatever ya choose, and post up some pics of both yer rides.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts