Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm in Yukon, OK, and just became the owner of a "like new" 2010 VStar 1100 Classic (5313 miles). No owners manual was included, and I'm hoping to be able to read one on your website.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, RB! I got it just in time for old man winter to keep it inside!! Not really, but I won't be trying any long hauls for some months.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much! I was on the verge of shooting my computer, or myself, after spending hours trying to find a free download. (Couldn't decide which to shoot first). Do you think this could be the exact match for my bike? The manual lists it as "XVS 1100 or XVS 1100A. I was told by the dealer folks that it's a "Classic". When I got home and read through the paper work, it was shown as a "Silver" instead of Classic. All I'm really sure of is that it's a Yamaha V-Star. The Allstate insurance lady couldn't find it from the VIN, but she was using "VS 1100". When I tell her about the "XVS" tomorrow, maybe that will help her find the listing. Even if this manual you've led me to find isn't exact, it will be a big help. Thanks again. LM

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome from Texas. XVS1100A is the classic you might have the silverado version also.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, DJ, the Yamaha dealer people told me it was a Classic, but the paperwork has Silver written on it instead of Classic. If that's the designation, XVS1100A, that should clear up the Allstate agent's problem. Thanks much!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can't get my phone pic to transfer. Must be a Windows 10 compatibility thing. Rest assured my bike looks identical to yours, though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally figured out how to get the phone picture onto my computer, via email. Now let's see if I can upload it here. Nope, can't do it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome from Sunny Costa Rica. Sorry about you "northeners" that need to put your bikes away for the next few months. Rainy season is just about to end for me so looking forward to coming to work on my bike and not getting wet on my way home! :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Welcome from Sunny Costa Rica. Sorry about you "northeners" that need to put your bikes away for the next few months. Rainy season is just about to end for me so looking forward to coming to work on my bike and not getting wet on my way home! :)

And this year Really rained there :)
Where in Ticolandia are you at?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi. I am in the western part of the capital city - San Jose. I live in Santa Ana. Where are you from?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi. I am in the western part of the capital city - San Jose. I live in Santa Ana. Where are you from?

I'm Tico! I grew up in PZ and lived in Santa Ana for a while before moving up to sunny California in the Bay Area.
I go down to CR once a year every year....to visit the family.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Standby for some drama--thanks to vstarforums I got smart enough to discover the small storage spot on the left side of the bike. Although the salesmen told me there wasn't an owners manual, I found one in that storage container. Lo and behold, it is NOT for an 1100, but for a 650!! They have sold me a bike with about half the displacement I was expecting. Just got off the phone after voicing my displeasure with the situation. Naturally, everyone involved is pretending they had NO IDEA I thought it was an 1100. Are they going to make this right? I doubt it!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Standby for some drama--thanks to vstarforums I got smart enough to discover the small storage spot on the left side of the bike. Although the salesmen told me there wasn't an owners manual, I found one in that storage container. Lo and behold, it is NOT for an 1100, but for a 650!! They have sold me a bike with about half the displacement I was expecting. Just got off the phone after voicing my displeasure with the situation. Naturally, everyone involved is pretending they had NO IDEA I thought it was an 1100. Are they going to make this right? I doubt it!!!

Wow... Man that sucks.
Make sure you make notes of all the conversations you had previously to buying the bike the names of the people you talked to etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Title is due to arrive within 30 days. No mention of engine size on paperwork they gave me. "Brittany" at Norman Yamaha told me it was an 1100, which induced me to drive over from Yukon to check it out. Now she seems to be having a slight case of memory loss and doesn't recall telling me it was an 1100. The Yamaha place is on the other side of a building where they sell Mitsubishi cars. The car salesman, "Eric", mentioned repeatedly how he knows nothing about bikes, but he was elected to run the paperwork for me. Since there was no mention of the engine size on the Craigslist ad, I'm guessing this might be a trick to sell suckers like me whatever they want to. If Eric had known there was a locked compartment on the bike that had the owners manual, this wouldn't have happened. But maybe there was a reason for Eric handling the sale as opposed to a bike guy. Actually there was a bike guy involved. He came over and fixed the seat for me, which didn't have it's tang inserted in the catch, but was loose. He may or may not have been there when I asked about the owners manual, and he may or may not have known about the locked compartment. All I can say is BEWARE OF DEALING WITH NORMAN YAMAHA. If there is a satisfactory resolution (or not), I'll post it later.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts