Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to join the website. I ride a 2007 vstar 1100 custom. Haven't done any mods yet aside from exhaust and debadging, but I am about to jump in headfirst so I will be picking peoples brains left and right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are nice bikes, and I love them. I just debadged it because I am starting down the patch of really personalizing the bike. Just debadging it somehow brings more attention. But soon I will be lowering it, putting forward controls on it, changing out the handlebars, etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My 2007 V Star 1100 with Samson StreetSweepers. Put a jet kit in it when I upgraded the pipes. Other than that, not much in the way of upgrades other than the backrest. Looking into a lowering kit, forward controls, dragger handlebars, hypercharger, etc. Any recommendations?

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Miescha, I am torn between the dagger rear fender and the tomcat rear. Tomcat is cheaper and requires no cutting of the subframe, so I am leaning that way. Then I have to decide if I am going to get a get to move my current controls forward, or get a fancy new set altogether. Any recommendations on fenders or what style drag handlebars tend to look the best? I am kinda short budget-wise, so I am having to watch my spending on this one. Getting military discounts where I can.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You like the 6"? I am only 5' 9". I would really like to get the 6" extensions, but I am worried that might be too much for my height. But I don't want to get the 4" and be disappointed. Any advice? How tall are you since you ride with the 6" extensions.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
I'm 6'3" with 34" inseam.

I gotta say though, I would have gone longer if I could have (and if there was a way to stabilize them that far out). But I suppose I really like to stretch out. My knees were up in the tank so much that I couldn't make a u-turn without the bars hitting my knees. I also like to ride the 1100 in more of a "slouched" and laid back posture.

Of course, the first test ride with the extensions I almost missed the floorboards when taking off, but I've adjusted to the new position and still have a good laugh thinking back to that moment when I took off, lifted both feet together onto the location of the old boards out of habit, and then did a Flinstone run for half a block, while a neighbor kid on the sidewalk screamed out "YOU CAN DOOO-EEEET" with all the enthusiasm and cheer worthy of an Adam Sandler film.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts