Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am checking for any potential vacuum leaks around the carbs on my 03 XVS 1100. I need to know if the air input hose should have a some sort of clamp to keep it firmly connected to the manifold?
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
8,683 Posts
Yes, not a good picture but hopefully you can see clamps, stock clamps are black.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am checking for any potential vacuum leaks around the carbs on my 03 XVS 1100. I need to know if the air input hose should have a some sort of clamp to keep it firmly connected to the manifold?
Thanks.
What I was referring to was the curved air intake hide from the air filter to the base of the carbs.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
8,683 Posts
The answer is the same, yes. Here's a photo of all air box pieces:

Reactions: bpounds

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,117 Posts
Clamps yes. But if those were loose, or even missing, that would not constitute a vacuum leak. Just an unfiltered air leak. I'm just adding this in case you are chasing a suspected vacuum leak symptom. Look elsewhere.

Reactions: lesblank

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clamps yes. But if those were loose, or even missing, that would not constitute a vacuum leak. Just an unfiltered air leak. I'm just adding this in case you are chasing a suspected vacuum leak symptom. Look elsewhere.
Do appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts