Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Lady's and Gents, I have now adjusted the valves on my '05 Vstar 1100 classic silverado 4x now, every time doing it properly. With the right spec, torquing nuts down, (at TDC for front and back cylinder. But after ever time even after torquing the nuts down I get a chatter from the valves after about 50 kil9meters. Any help? I talked to a motorcyxle mechanic and he suggested doing an oil change with 20 50 oil first, said he has done that on bigger cc v twins and the chatter has gone away, or the worm gear on the timing chain is maxed out and I may need to rewind it if the oil change doesn't improve it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response, here's some more details

It gets noisy, to the point where I can hear it at highway speed of 110kmh or 72mph. And my exhaust is so loud I use earplugs (I don't mean I wear earplugs and can still hear it, but the fact I can hear it over my exhaust without earplugs)

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
14,492 Posts
Are you setting them with engine warm or cold?

Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Technology

Reactions: faffi

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
As Yoda would say about Yamaha V-Twins :
"Quiet it shall not be"
I am just glad I am half deaf. When I get my new hearing aids in a couple weeks, I may have to remove them to ride. :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As Yoda would say about Yamaha V-Twins :
"Quiet it shall not be"
I am just glad I am half deaf. When I get my new hearing aids in a couple weeks, I may have to remove them to ride. :cool:
🤣 let me guess your gonna say "it sounds like an angry sewing machine? Lol that's all I ever got on a Facebook vstar forum

1 - 12 of 12 Posts