1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
4,496 Posts
Great videos, thanks for making and posting.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am doing a little more learning/investigating into the valve train design on the Star Yamaha SVTC to try and get my head around lifters with and without rollers, so on and so forth, and found this thread. Interestingly enough, I am unable to access the posted video's here. Anyone else having an issue or is it my "company" computer filtering out something. :frown:

Maybe I should try a search on actual YouTube in search of a break down of the SVTC engine instead of bugging you guys:surprise:....

·
Registered
445 Posts
I am doing a little more learning/investigating into the valve train design on the Star Yamaha SVTC to try and get my head around lifters with and without rollers, so on and so forth, and found this thread. Interestingly enough, I am unable to access the posted video's here. Anyone else having an issue or is it my "company" computer filtering out something. :frown:

Maybe I should try a search on actual YouTube in search of a break down of the SVTC engine instead of bugging you guys:surprise:....
Search for the same video from long haul Paul. I think YamahaParExcellence posted the video on this site but you can go to YouTube and search for long haul Paul and view his videos.

·
Registered
448 Posts

Roller lifters are usually "high performance". They can handle more aggressive cams that open valves sooner, keep valves open longer and close valves faster than flat tappet lifters. Flat tappet is less expensive and a little more reliable with no moving parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=x6G5dzdkpbE

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I am doing a little more learning/investigating into the valve train design on the Star Yamaha SVTC to try and get my head around lifters with and without rollers, so on and so forth, and found this thread. Interestingly enough, I am unable to access the posted video's here. Anyone else having an issue or is it my "company" computer filtering out something. /forums/images/StarbikeForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_sad.png

Maybe I should try a search on actual YouTube in search of a break down of the SVTC engine instead of bugging you guys/forums/images/StarbikeForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png....
There nothing wrong with your video settings @Lonestar. It seems that just like what happened in a different forum, somebody went into “pouting mode” and picked up their marbles and went home.
Unbelievable that a “mature adult” (both terms used loosely) would act that way.
Sorry you had to experience that. It’s not the norm here though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
There nothing wrong with your video settings @Lonestar. It seems that just like what happened in a different forum, somebody went into “pouting mode” and picked up their marbles and went home.
Unbelievable that a “mature adult” (both terms used loosely) would act that way.
Sorry you had to experience that. It’s not the norm here though.
Figures,,, I think I remember a thread a while back where we may have been discussing the same person you are speaking of, someone named "Cowpac"? As I recall, as written in that thread, you and others here had experienced some of the same childish nonsense we are speaking of ChiefGunner so it is probably just as well that I was not able to get started watching his video's as they probably would have taken me down an ill informed, non-viable path anyway.
I will do some more research on YouTube to see what I can find on the cam/lifter question.
Thank you Sir!
LoneStar

1 - 9 of 9 Posts