Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vance & Hines Classic II Cruiser Slip-On 19563
I recently purchased this kit for my 2007 Yamaha V star 1100 midnight custom.
The mounting bracket that came out with the kit does not fit my motorcycle. the bracket sent has two mounting holes on a vertical plan mine has one vertical and one horizontal. I contacted Vance & Hines to see if there was another bracket I could purchase. I was very rudely told by their customer service person that they did not have one that fit my bike and I would have to have one custom built. Has anyone else out there had this problem and if so any insight you have would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
WD [/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Wayne what exactly is your issue? I also had an issue with my classic II's when I received them but I only have good words for the customer service dept at V+H. They were very courteous and helpfull. My issue was that they had sent me two mufflers with the same part number which caused one of them to have a gap of about 3/16" once installed. Also, the mounting plate is quite different than the OEM one. Check the PN's of your parts against the list that should have come with the kit. Hopefully it's a simple packaging error on their part. Could you take pictures of the parts you received and post them? Might help in seeing your issue.

Let us know what you find or did to fix this.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have these on my 06 1100 Classic. It has been many years since I installed them, but I believe there were brackets you take off to put the new one on. As I recall, it took a few tries because the instructions were pretty vague. I do love the sound. I took the packing out and put the baffles back in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
V & H Exhaust Problems

Vance & Hines Classic II Cruiser Slip-On 19563
I recently purchased this kit for my 2007 Yamaha V star 1100 midnight custom.
The mounting bracket that came out with the kit does not fit my motorcycle. the bracket sent has two mounting holes on a vertical plan mine has one vertical and one horizontal. I contacted Vance & Hines to see if there was another bracket I could purchase. I was very rudely told by their customer service person that they did not have one that fit my bike and I would have to have one custom built. Has anyone else out there had this problem and if so any insight you have would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
WD
2014-01-08 18.12.19.jpg

2014-01-08 18.12.35.jpg

2014-01-08 18.12.55.jpg

2014-01-08 18.13.16.jpg

2014-01-12 07.41.46.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don’t I feel stupid, I thought the bracket was welded to the frame at the rear.
You right it does come off, time to go to work.
I'll send some pictures when finished.
Thanks for your help

Sincerely
Dumb ass

1 - 10 of 10 Posts