Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got 3600 miles on the stock rear Dunlop on my 2008 ‘liner. Now, on commander IIs, I get about 8k. Still bad, but I can live with it.

What are you guys seeing on the Tranny bikes?

·
Registered
448 Posts
12,000 on the rear, front stil has several thousand more at 13,000. For reference my last big heavy bike was an 08 Wing. I got 8000 from the oem rear and 12000 from the front.

·
Registered
104 Posts
--

I don't know what my Eluder will get, but my RoadStars get 25,000 on the rear Austone taxi tires, and on one of my RoadStars I've got 29,000 on the front. It has a rear 150/80B16 Commander II and has 4.5/32nds left. That should be good to get 9,000 more until I get to 2/32nds. So as to not deceive, that's the odometer reading, so gps corrected would be about 3.3% less, which would make that about 28,000 so far.

I'm running 40# in the front and 30# in the rear. Bike with me on it weighs about 1250#. Plus more if I'm carrying a Dr. Pepper. Even more if I have a passenger.

--

·
Registered
104 Posts
--

Just switched out my rear OEM on the Eluder. 11,250 miles and it was pretty close to bald in the center. By 12,000 it would have been totally bald. I expect to do better on the Bridgestone Driveguard 205/55 RF16. It's a run flat so I will surely feel more safe. Balanced using Ride_On sealant/balancer. I've been riding on it for about 600 miles so far with no problems other than being wider tread, it tends to want to track straight more than a new stock m.c. tire. I run it at 30 psi and get a pretty soft ride.

One thing about this type of tire is that when you keep the pressure down to about 26-32#, you not only get a softer ride, but it doesn't try to follow grooves in the road like it will at, say 40#.

--

·
Registered
448 Posts
--

Just switched out my rear OEM on the Eluder. 11,250 miles and it was pretty close to bald in the center. By 12,000 it would have been totally bald. I expect to do better on the Bridgestone Driveguard 205/55 RF16. It's a run flat so I will surely feel more safe. Balanced using Ride_On sealant/balancer. I've been riding on it for about 600 miles so far with no problems other than being wider tread, it tends to want to track straight more than a new stock m.c. tire. I run it at 30 psi and get a pretty soft ride.

One thing about this type of tire is that when you keep the pressure down to about 26-32#, you not only get a softer ride, but it doesn't try to follow grooves in the road like it will at, say 40#.

--
I have to keep it above 32 on my SVTC or it triggers the TPMS light.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Stock Bridgestone Exedra's on my deluxe got 11K on the rear. May squeeze out another 2-3K on the front.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not very good and getting ready to replace the back car tire after about 13-14k on it. The front I have been getting 8-9k out of.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts