Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Star Eluder GT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve researched all I can and haven’t gotten a solid answer. Can you put a Venture seat on an Eluder and then get the tall backrest?

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,629 Posts
Have you called the parts department at your dealer?

·
Registered
Star Eluder
100 Posts

That will get you all the part numbers. I've not tried to put a venture seat on my Eluder so I can't help tell you if they are interchangeable. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
222 Posts
I’ve researched all I can and haven’t gotten a solid answer. Can you put a Venture seat on an Eluder and then get the tall backrest?
I have a Vstar 1300 that I highly modified. I wanted to use parts off of the Vstar 950 and and Stryker 1300 and found that a lot of times you can study the parts blowup drawings and help determine if they may fit. Typically the parts guys aren't going to know what parts interchange from different bikes. I found many parts that I could bolt on from the Vstar 950 and the Stryker 1300 with my Vstar 1300. Typically manufacturers will try to reuse designs so the don't have to reinvent every part for every bike.

With that said, I looked at the frames from both the Venture and Eluder, the seats should replace directly as the frames and mounting brackets have the same part numbers for both bikes. The passenger handles are different because the Venture passenger seat is much wider. I went and looked at my Eluder to where the backrest mounts, and I think there is a 50/50 chance that the wide Venture seat may or may not work with the backrest. The reason I say this is without getting some pretty close measurements of the seat width and length, and the width of the backrest uprights brackets, you may not be able to get the seat on and off. When you unbolt the seat at the front, you have to slide the seat backwards off of the rear seat bracket. I'm not sure you have the room to do this with the wider Venture passenger seat. If you can get help from someone with a Venture to get some dimensions, you may be able to determine if it will work. Here's links to the frame and seats for both bike for part comparisons.

Eluder seat
2018 Yamaha STAR ELUDER (XV19BJS) Seat | Flemington Yamaha

Eluder frame
2018 Yamaha STAR ELUDER (XV19BJS) Frame | Flemington Yamaha (yamahapart.com)

Venture Seat
2018 Yamaha STAR VENTURE (XV19FJGY) Seat | Flemington Yamaha (yamahapart.com)

Venture frame
2018 Yamaha STAR VENTURE (XV19FJGY) Frame | Flemington Yamaha (yamahapart.com)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts