Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I’d let you guys know that I left that forum the other day after more Puc crap.
I popped in this morning as a “visitor” in stealth mode and found that ALL previous posts that were argumentative with Puc or others have been deleted. All of our statements made about us leaving or why have been deleted by admin.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I think the owner of the forum is being short sighted, this new Star Venture was an opportunity to bring in new members but the clique from the first and second gen members are running them off.

Being that you have to pay to even post on that forum it is not very smart to run off a new bunch of posters/owners of the newly released Yamaha Star Venture. Cowpuc tries to be cleaver in his posts but in the end they are mostly put downs. Even Cowpucs own youtube videos he does the same thing, his video on the reverse on the new Star Venture in the video he is praising it then in the comments section someone posted a negative comment about having reverse and Cowpuc turns around and agrees saying the day he needs reverse on a motorcycle is the day he will quit riding and buy a convertible.

I still don't get what Cowpuc was trying to prove in his maximum speed in each gear video comparing the new Star Venture to his old Venture. The new bike has a six speed transmission, his old bike has a five speed transmission. The speed is all limited by the gear ratios chosen for each transmission along with the rear end ratio in his shaft drive and the sprocket ratio on the belt drive of the new bike.

That video was a worthless waste of time that was done solely to bash the new 2018 Star Venture. The funny part is in the video where he is accelerating up the on ramp on the 2018 Star Venture you can clearly hear Cowpuc say, "she's pretty sporty man". Sure did not sound like he was having any issues with the way the bike accelerated to me in that video.

The truth is Cowpuc and his clique are pissed off that Yamaha did not build another shaft drive liquid cooled V4 touring bike. They just don't understand that Yamaha did build that bike twice and twice it just did not get the sales needed to keep it around. They should be thankful that Yamaha even kept the second gen Venture around for so long as they did not update the bike much at all and it still had a cassette player right up until the very end when Yamaha started including an MP3 player with the bike before they stopped production.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the owner of the forum is being short sighted, this new Star Venture was an opportunity to bring in new members but the clique from the first and second gen members are running them off.

Being that you have to pay to even post on that forum it is not very smart to run off a new bunch of posters/owners of the newly released Yamaha Star Venture. Cowpuc tries to be cleaver in his posts but in the end they are mostly put downs. Even Cowpucs own youtube videos he does the same thing, his video on the reverse on the new Star Venture in the video he is praising it then in the comments section someone posted a negative comment about having reverse and Cowpuc turns around and agrees saying the day he needs reverse on a motorcycle is the day he will quit riding and buy a convertible.

I still don't get what Cowpuc was trying to prove in his maximum speed in each gear video comparing the new Star Venture to his old Venture. The new bike has a six speed transmission, his old bike has a five speed transmission. The speed is all limited by the gear ratios chosen for each transmission along with the rear end ratio in his shaft drive and the sprocket ratio on the belt drive of the new bike.

That video was a worthless waste of time that was done solely to bash the new 2018 Star Venture. The funny part is in the video where he is accelerating up the on ramp on the 2018 Star Venture you can clearly hear Cowpuc say, "she's pretty sporty man". Sure did not sound like he was having any issues with the way the bike accelerated to me in that video.

The truth is Cowpuc and his clique are pissed off that Yamaha did not build another shaft drive liquid cooled V4 touring bike. They just don't understand that Yamaha did build that bike twice and twice it just did not get the sales needed to keep it around. They should be thankful that Yamaha even kept the second gen Venture around for so long as they did not update the bike much at all and it still had a cassette playing right up until the very end when Yamaha started including an MP3 player with the bike before they stopped production.
I’ve seen that video you speak of and you’re right. I brought up a valid point he and his merry band didn’t like either. They complain about the price point of the SVTC and yet I tell them that IF Yamaha had gone that way with a 1700cc V4 it would have made it very top heavy and affected the handling AND would’ve added at least $3k-$4k MORE to the price. Puc CANT afford this one and he COULD NOT afford the one he supposedly laments for.
His bike looks like it was picked up at a 3rd world yard sale and he’s CONSTANTLY having to wrench in it. This is a prime example of an “old person” both physically AND mentally unable to change.
None of us were bagging on his or others rides, yet he somehow felt free to do so with ours and drive us away.
That kind of activity will be a death knell to that group if left unchecked.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I’ve seen that video you speak of and you’re right. I brought up a valid point he and his merry band didn’t like either. They complain about the price point of the SVTC and yet I tell them that IF Yamaha had gone that way with a 1700cc V4 it would have made it very top heavy and affected the handling AND would’ve added at least $3k-$4k MORE to the price. Puc CANT afford this one and he COULD NOT afford the one he supposedly laments for.
His bike looks like it was picked up at a 3rd world yard sale and he’s CONSTANTLY having to wrench in it. This is a prime example of an “old person” both physically AND mentally unable to change.
None of us were bagging on his or others rides, yet he somehow felt free to do so with ours and drive us away.
Your right, as those bikes start to get retired for good that forum will die off unless they make some changes and start to embrace the new third generation Yamaha Star Venture.

I also noticed that most of the first and second gen owners over their complained of the price of the third gen bike and outright said they would not pay that price for it then they would post how they would just find a first or second gen bike in the $3,000 dollar or under range and fix it up.

The problem with that attitude is those bikes are only going to get harder and harder to come by as they did not sell in the numbers of the GoldWing's and no where near the numbers of Harleys.

I feel the Star Venture with all the features it comes standard with that are options on the competition if you can get them at all is a fairly priced motorcycle for its class.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your right, as those bikes start to get retired for good that forum will die off unless they make some changes and start to embrace the new third generation Yamaha Star Venture.

I also noticed that most of the first and second gen owners over their complained of the price of the third gen bike and outright said they would not pay that price for it then they would post how they would just find a first or second gen bike in the $3,000 dollar or under range and fix it up.

The problem with that attitude is those bikes are only going to get harder and harder to come by as they did not sell in the numbers of the GoldWing's and no where near the numbers of Harleys.

I feel the Star Venture with all the features it comes standard with that are options on the competition if you can get them at all is a fairly priced motorcycle for its class.
Valid points all around Sir.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It got real quiet over there when you guys left. /forums/images/StarbikeForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_sad.png
Sorry about that, but some key individuals made it pretty clear we weren’t welcome.
I’ve gone back but NOT signed in to show up online.
All I see is 1st & 2nd Gen convo’s. That’s what they wanted. So be it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry about that, but some key individuals made it pretty clear we weren’t welcome.
Yea, its a shame but time to move on. I see the three amigos are here.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, its a shame but time to move on. I see the three amigos are here.
All four of us vocal SVTC Musketeers are here! Glad to have you. Let the others know.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It got real quiet over there when you guys left. /forums/images/StarbikeForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_sad.png
Well, we're raising a ruckus, over here, LOL!

Back slaps!

Joe
Got that right! I just got my “weekly trend” letter from this site... you should’ve too.
Did you know that 6 out 10 trending convos were about the SVTC? Way cool!
Let’s keep ROCKIN IT guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts