Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to thank all of our members that are currently serving in our military and those that have served a sincere thank you for your service. No matter where you served be it Canada, the USA, or anywhere else, Thank You!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
thanks Keith. USCG search and rescue 1976 to 1980. Got to see the rare view of Niagara Falls from the top side once, rescuing a boatload of drunken fishermen at night.

I checked your profile to see if you are Canadian. It does not say,
but oddly it does state that "Keith Post has not made any friends yet"

I know its just a server bot message, but it does come across as funny. Hang in there, you will make a friend someday!

Like a news story I was reading on line, and a pop up window says "You might like this: 14 people killed in horrible accident"

?! what kind of person does that bot think I am.

I am always amused in the US when people get memorial day and veterans day lumped together, and they say "thank you for your service..." on memorial day. Because Memorial day is for the dead, more specifically for those who died in action. Im inclined to say "Im not dead yet.... but the day is still young'.

I think I may have had one cup of coffee too many this morning - but again, thank you.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Lets all honor our men and women past and present and those that have died for this country and and say a prayer of thanks for those that have served and continue to serve! Have a safe Memorial Day!

·
Super Moderator
6,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're welcome KCW, you made me smile since I'm having to work today.
I understand about seeing where people get those two Holidays mixed up. I come from a military family. My Father, Grandfather, several cousins, etc.
And... I am a US born citizen and have some great friends from Canada and the U.K. I admire and respect everyone that has served and is currently serving in the military.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts