Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disabled Veterans Brotherhood Motorcycle club on face book

Finally a club that does not discriminate against other Veterans. Any Veteran can achieve full membership. We will not discriminate against you for serving during peace time or in a unit that did not deploy. However, we do expect you to have a discharge of honorable, or under honorable conditions. We respect the fact that you served God’s greatest country and did so fully intending to lay down your life for your country. We will not cheapen that sacrifice, unlike other clubs do. This is a Motorcycle Club for us, the Veteran. We do focus on and name the club after the disabled veteran, this is due to the fact that every veteran carries with them some form of disability for life, documented or not, we served and we deserve to be recognized!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=119794578052297

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
LOL Try joining the VFW having not seen any actual wartime.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Thanks for serving!;)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Eligibility Criterias by definition are discriminations. Choosing X and not Y.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Eligibility Criterias by definition are discriminations. Choosing X and not Y.
I belong to the VFW as well as the Legion, I was not going to post on this at all, and will not again, BUT, I do not know who you are or where you have been. Question: Do you believe the wino down the street that has done nothing should be along side vets that have layed their lives on the line for this country? The folks that belong to the VFW have EARNED the right to be there, maybe you have to. But any way you cut it, it is not discrimination Damn near anyone can join the Legion, but not the VFW, there is a reason for that. I am proud to belong, I earned it , as did ALL who do and are eligible. If you have not been there, you would never understand.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
First I am a Vet, but one who has not served in a warzone, That's not my fault, there just wasn't a war during my enlistment. I served at the behest of Presidents Carter and Reagan. I wasn't trying to be disparaging in anyway. People hear the word "discrimination" and tie a lot of negative things to it. What I was meaning is that discriminations are the choices we make. The VFW has made the choice to not allow Veterans who have not served in a Foreign Warzone to join. I laud them for making that distinction. They are well within their rights to do so. By that choice they have selected x and excluded y.

This Member is setting up a Facebook Page that "Discriminates". It is open to all Veterans but not to Non-Veterans.

discriminating: having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions. "I have discrimanating taste."

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm just trying to understand why you would want to join an organization called Veterans of Foreign Wars if you weren't a Veteran of a foreign war.

Sorry Bro. I have to agree with Sugar Bear on this one. Thanks for your service.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I didn't say I wanted to. The point was the word "Discriminate". That's its not always a bad word. The Post that brought it up was "Cant say I ever seen a group or club that discriminated against other vets." I merely brought up the VFW because they "choose" one type of vet. If I say I like only Blond, Blue Eyed, Female Gymnasts I have made a "discrimination" a choice in what I want.
This next statement is for example only!
Now If I chose to form a club WVFW (White Veterans of Foreign Wars), everybody can chime in "That's Discrimination!" Again I have made a choice, Not A Very Good One, but I have made a choice. I have excluded one group of veterans and accepted another.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Yeah, I just think its the plaid skirts. LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts