Southeast Iowa

Date: Saturday, June 30, 2012
Duration: All Day

What: Motorcycle Ride
When: Saturday, June 30th
Where: Leaving from: RJ Performance-Airport exit #42
LEAVING @ 10:00 AM

Why: TOYS FOR KIDS

Arts/Crafts supplies, infant & toddler light up or musical toys, puzzles, board games, handheld games, DVD’s, batteries and gift cards. A complete list is available at http://www.blankchildrens.org/wishlists.aspx

RIDERS NEED TO COLLECT NEW TOYS FOR KIDS IN UNIVERSITY CHILDRENS HOSPITAL IN DES MOINES. WE WILL LEAVE RJ’S @ 10:00 A.M. AND RIDE TO DES MOINES TO DELIVER THE TOYS
TO BLANKS CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL. AFTERWARDS WE WILL CHOOSE A RESTAURANT AND EAT LUNCH. EVERYONE CAN RIDE BACK TOGETHER OR SPLIT INTO GROUPS.

FOR RIDERS WANTING TO JOIN US FROM DES MOINES -PLEASE MEET US AT PLEASANT HILL KUM& GO @ HWY 163 & 65 @ 11:30 AND 11:45 AM. WE WILL THEN TRAVEL TO THE HOSPITAL.

ALL RIDERS ARE WELCOME!!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Oh, man, I wish I had known about that sooner, I probably could have made it. As it is, I can't join, as much as I'd like to.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I didn't think to post it here until just last night. Still haven't figured out if I am going or not, but I think I will.

If I really get a wild hair, I may ride up to a Kernels game this summer. We come up to a few of them each year, but would make for a decent bike ride.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Cool, if you do come up for one, PM me about it. The gf and I keep meaning to go to a few, but we haven't gotten around to it yet. We could meet up if you're interested.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do. It's 1.5 hour trip each way for me, so would try to find a Sunday afternoon game that I could go to without the wife being mad about me going by myself! We have friends up in the Marion and Robins areas, so we normally go up fairly often. Just not as much this year for some reason.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had 14 or 15 bikes (can't remember if I counted myself or not!) ride up to Des Moines plus a vehicle with the larger items donated. Had a cart filled with items that we donated to the hospital! My boss went with me and we followed it up with lunch at Jethros BBQ in Altoona, so not too shabby of a day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts