Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 40 of 128 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yamaha Pat, thanks. As far as music, one step at a time here.

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The camera records onto a micro SD card. I download video to PC. Right now I'm doing my video editing with Windows Media player and Windows Photos. Both are easy for this beginner. Then I upload to YouTube inorder to post to forum. There might be better ways but for this video rookie it's the easiest way.

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
This is the one I bought. I know at two other forum members have the same one. I stabilized the mount some yesterday and got rid of some of the bouncing. With Houston roads being as rough as they are I'm not going to get rid of it all. I'll post a clip when I get home from work of the same stretch of road to see if it's any better. I know I could move the camera to my helmet and video would smooth out, I just don't want it there. As far as reading license plates, depends on what you are watching it on. On my phone, too small, on tablet, can usually read, on PC with larger screen it's pretty good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Video looks good and awesome spot to mount it. I was playing Where's Waldo there for a bit. I have a cheapo "action camera" I use on about half my rides. I found that 1. make sure image stabilization is ON and 2. make sure you tighten it down super tight. I have weak wrists due to an old repetitive motion injury and was having a heck of a time getting the camera off my bike, so I eased off the crank-down of the screw... bad idea, the videos were shaky as all get out, just another 1/8 of an inch in tightening down made all the difference in the world.

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
These were recorded today. The first one was on the same road and same speed as others I have posted as a test. This one is with bracket support installed and I like the results. Yes, @yamahaPat, that is Hotel California background music just for you.
Second video is a short one with bike reflection in tailgate of pickup, video camera to pick that up pretty good. Just need to figure out getting rid of the sun spots on the lenses. Overall I'm pretty happy. Comments?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Video unavailable

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The videos play for me. Had a coworker look and they played for him. Anyone else not able to see them?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Could be because I'm in Canada. Some YouTube videos are unavailable here, although not often.

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Ok, I'm confused. I can log out of forum and be a guest and see them. I can be logged in and see them. I'm on my phone at work. Had two employees go to forum as guests and they can see them. I powered up my old laptop that I keep at work and couod see them there. Any ideas out there why others can't see? Now the first video won't play but the second one will. I'll reload when I get home.

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I can see the second one but not the first. Great music.
Since you can't see the first video I'll post a screenshot of opening until I can reload this evening.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
They both show the still pic until I click on them. The first one is blank and 'Video not Available' pops up when I press play. I still get the message on the second one but 3 other YouTube videos appear (like what happens when you finish watching a video). Weird.

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
They both show the still pic until I click on them. The first one is blank and 'Video not Available' pops up when I press play. I still get the message on the second one but 3 other YouTube videos appear (like what happens when you finish watching a video). Weird.
I'm sure it's something I did wrong. Thanks for feedback. Guess I need to get my grandkids over tonight so they can show me how to do it. 😃

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Got home and attempted to fix video on YouTube. First, I don't know the process enough for it to be easy. For now I'm not going to use YouTube. I use Google Pictures for most of my pictures. Their video upload and sharing is easy and quick. It will create a link you will have to go to. Will someone please let me know if this link works, thanks.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dPzhCeHLWkvmrni77

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
OK, figured out what I did wrong. I used clips of music that are copyrighted. Got this from YouTube. It was just an unlabeled clip.

Due to a copyright claim, your YouTube video has been blocked. This means that your video can no longer be played on YouTube.

Video title: 7 25 2019
Copyrighted content: Hotel California (Live On MTV/1994 DO NOT USE)
Claimed by: UMG

View claim details

Why this can happen

Your video might contain copyrighted content.
Copyright owners can choose to block YouTube videos that contain their content.
Need copyright-safe songs?
When choosing music for your next video, you can avoid copyright-related issues by picking a song from the YouTube Audio Library. We're adding new tracks all the time!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yeah, I've had that happen before also.Basically you can't use any song or music that is / was a hit.
You have to find non copyright music, which aint easy.

Concrete roads are a Pain in the neck aren't they.

21 - 40 of 128 Posts