Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While on a nice ride today with friends, I was thinking it would be fun to mount a small video camera on the bike and record the ride. I know I have seen where people have done this, I just can't seem to find any threads on it, soooo, what kind of video cameras come recommended for doing just this?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Android using the motorcycle app.

·
Administrator
372 Posts
There are 2 top companies that make POV cameras. GoPro, and Contour.
There are other manufacturers out there, but those are the top two.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I just used my Garmin RAM mount facing forward, and zip tied a standard $100 digital camera into the mount. I ran the camera on video mode, and it worked fine. To be fair, the quality was not outstanding, but it was good enough for me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My friends and I use GoPros for our mud races, whitewater rafting, paintball, etc. I've been wanting to strap one low on my crash bar and hit a road with some good turns.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My friends and I have been using GoPros as well. The kinds of shots you can get with that little camera are pretty amazing.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have a Contour that I've been playing with for a while. Over the weekend I tried it out on the crash bars and it's not bad but the mount I used was not the most stable so there was some vibration. I want to get a second camera and mount it over the rear fender to get footage of the people behind me as well as the road in front.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts