Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have been looking at the Viking bags, they're fairly priced and look to be good quality.. I have a set of Willie and Max throw overs that I'm in the process of trying to come up with the best way to modify them to fit my bike.. But, I may just bite the bullet and put them up for sale and buy some of these for my 1100..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. I think they look nice too. Cant afford the factory ones. They come with mounting hardware included.

·
Registered
8 Posts
These look really nice. I've been using cheap vinyl bags and they don't hold up at all... Would like to know if anyone has any experience with these ones (durability for daily use, weather, sun, etc)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ok, I must be an idiot, but I can't find the Viking Lamellar Slanted bags on the motorcyclehouse.com site. Are they available on there and I am just not finding them?

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,398 Posts
+1 on Danv950 post. I have the same bags for over a year on 2001 Vstar 1100 and look as good as the day I got them. I commute daily and use them every day. I put 10 quarts of transmission fluid in one of them for my mustang tranny and still had rain suit and my other stuff in the other. Don't think you can go wrong with the value on the Viking bags. Just noticed picture on my bike is still with old bags, need to take new pictures one of these days.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,398 Posts

Here is a quick photo

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok, I must be an idiot, but I can't find the Viking Lamellar Slanted bags on the motorcyclehouse.com site. Are they available on there and I am just not finding them?
They recently updated the web site and it's a mess.
My previous account info and orders are gone, and the site is down for me currently. Couldn't just leave well enough alone, now it's broke.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts