Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is best value after market exhaust for 2000 vstar 1100 custom, when considering initial cost, installation ease/cost, and sound and impact on bike performance. where can i get them.

thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well i do not have a slipons on my bike but a guy i ride with has the vance and hines classic II and they sound awesome there are youtube clips on it. I installed them for him and it was very very very simple if you have about 15 minutes and some reasonably basic hand tools. As far as price i have found them for a little as 311 shipped with just simple google searches my local dealer says he can get them for me for 300. And as far the the most important feature performance I don't really know becaus we also installed a K&N filter set at the same time so it is hard to tell which is the real cause of the improvement but there was a improvement now he pulls on me if we both get on the throttle a bit.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm really happy with my Cobra slash cut slip ons. Awsome sound, great quality, if I remember right they were under $300, got them on sale at Cruiser customizer. You'll want to put these on yourself, ultra easy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cobra slashcuts. $289, easy to install and sound great. Best deal out there. Just put them on my 08 Silverado 1100 and rode 200 miles on a leaf run into the Pocono's and everyone in my club said they sounded great and look way better than the stock pipes. I agree!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did nothing after installation. I contacted my dealer to get their input and was told that because the cobras still have baffles I didn't need to rejet. I couldn't be happier with these pipes and highly recommend them to anyone who wants to get rid of that wimpy sounding stock exhaust without creating the problems of air/fuel delivery changes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have some slip on pipes I made from extenstions I got from Pep boys, I Just arc welded them on the original slip on that came with the bike, but were damaged when somebody pushed over my bike. These are so loud I got a fix it ticket for loud pipes. So I made some baffles to reduce from aluminum disk and bolted them inside the pipes. the loudness is reduced but still had a good deep tone so other cars can hear you comingl kept

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the Vance & Hines Classic II slip-ons. Ultra simple installation. They have removable baffles. With the baffles in they add a nice rumble. With the baffles out I think they are too loud. I took my baffles out and took the packing off that surrounds the baffles and put the baffles back in. They sound perfect now. I did not have to rejet as I am still running the stock air cleaner. They were the display model and I paid $250 a few years ago.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cobra slashcuts. $289, easy to install and sound great. Best deal out there. Just put them on my 08 Silverado 1100 and rode 200 miles on a leaf run into the Pocono's and everyone in my club said they sounded great and look way better than the stock pipes. I agree!
any popping or backfiring on deceleration?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts