Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had to have my 2004 VStar Classic inspected by the State Patrol. They found what they believe to be a problem with the frame. Soooo, turns out the simplest solution for me is to obtain another frame and transfer the parts. The other alternative is to jump through all their hoop that could take 6 months or more and lots of dollars.

Anyone have a lead on a frame, with a title would be nice, but I can ldo it with a bill of sale or invoice.

Arghh.....

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Did the State Patrol inspector have an engineering degree? Does he have authority over DOT? I would be asking a lot of questions. What exactly is the issue? They don't think that it's 'environmentally friendly' because it's made of metal?:confused:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He pulled up some history on the bike that shows it was in an accident (I'm not the first owner, unlikely I am the second owner) and can see the repair on the frame and is questioning it so now the hoop jumping and fun begins. I won't be able to title it or register or license it until I jump through their hoops.

If I cant find a frame, i might just part it out. This sucks.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
There must be some way to trace back to who did the repair work. Approved by insurance company, who would have to use somebody approved by DOT/ CHP ? Maybe? Just some ideas. Good luck.

Of course, getting a knew frame and transfering all the parts would be a good winter project :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Check this item on Ebay: 190560147782 I have purchased a few parts from this user and have had great service from them! They may have others too, but I just checked his store quick as I have him as a saved seller.

Another suggestion. Maybe try to get it inspected again, in another location? Maybe the next inspector won't be quite so particular...

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts