Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put new tires on my 06 1100. Went and drove it and it will constantly pull to the left now. Regardless of wind, or direction. It'll pull itself into the wind if I take my hands off the bars. Didn't do it before I put the tires on. I lifted it back up and loosened the rear wheel/drive and follow the manual for tightening sequence, didn't change a thing. I noticed my left fork sat higher than the right fork in relation to the triple tree clamp. Loosed and adjusted so it matched the right, this helped a little but the bike still pulls the the left. Anybody run into this before?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,471 Posts
Sounds like you have a slight wheel alignment issue. This can easily occur when removing wheels. Google "motorcycle wheel alignment ". There are several ways which are simple. Choose the method you like and check out your wheel alignment. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
447 Posts
the bearings go bad slowly, it shouldn't have been a sudden change.

Only real things I can think of (besides the tire itself not being shaped correctly), forks being worn on one side more than the other (springs weak or oil level change), still that shouldn't have changed suddenly.

is the back tire straight and aligned with the front tire? could be the back tire is out of alignment and pushing the front sideways.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd agree, that since the only work having been done is you're out of alignment, after that I'd check fork oil and springs (shouldn't have been messed with for a tire change). Oil would show a leak, so pretty easy to spot, spring failure, not so easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts