Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I googled left and right, but i was unable to find what is the max load that the vstar 1300 could handle.
I recently ordered an amp, speakers and radio and I would like to see if there is any slack left for a light bar as well.
The amp is a Rockford Fosgate PBR300X2 paired up with 2 6x9 Alpine SPR-69s. Pretty much 100w RMS max per channel.
The only thing i saw in the pdf manual online was:

Use caution when adding electrical accessories. If electrical accessories exceed the capacity of the motorcycle’s electrical system, an electric failure could result, which could cause a dangerous loss of lights or engine power.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Stock Stator Output: about 84 watts at idle & about 260 watts at cruising speed (~2500 rpm)

(Vs. Manual saying 350 watts [24 amps] at 5000 rpm
This is from a post by Fulltilt1

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that sounds pretty low, isn't it ? 84 watts? You cant even keep the lights on at 84 watts, the front bulb is what? 40 or 60 watts? plus a light bar and rear and spark plugs and charging the battery?
The manual numbers sound better though, why would the manual be wrong?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, I cancelled the amp, it draws way too much power for what the bike can do. It will be a fail with the lightbar as well.
Apparently, the deluxe gets by with a lot lower amp and speakers:

Highly efficient, lightweight, digital 2-channel amplifier (20 watts per channel) with audio inputs for both iPod and GPS (not included)
5.25" coaxial speakers with neodymium magnets, which are weather-resistant and designed specifically for motorcycle applications

·
Registered
575 Posts
Not cheap, but if you went LED on headlight and driving lights, you could save some power for stereo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts