Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son just purchased a quick release backrest for his 2013 VStar 1300 Deluxe and it came with no instructions. I have tried to search for instructions online to no avail.

We are having issues with getting things lined up correctly so that the backrest can be removed easily. It seems to put itself in a bind.

Does anyone have a set of instructions they could share with us?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
14,492 Posts
Didn't say what brand you bought. Hopefully they are all close and the Cobra instructions helps.

Font Motor vehicle Parallel Rectangle Document

Font Parallel Paper Line art Document

Motor vehicle Black Automotive design Font Auto part

·
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
14,492 Posts
It's been a while since I put one on, memory isn't what it used to be, but think it's just like the Cobra.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's been a while since I put one on, memory isn't what it used to be, but think it's just like the Cobra.
It isn't like the Cobra kit, There are multiple different spacers, things just don't seem to line up correctly. I'm wondering if the hardware kit is missing something.

·
14,492 Posts
Unfortunately I'm not remembering how it goes together, hopefully someone else will chime in with help.

Reactions: mpersfull

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately I'm not remembering how it goes together, hopefully someone else will chime in with help.
Thanks for trying to assist. When I look up the hardware kit from Yamaha with the part number, the pictures they show look different from the hardware kit they sent us. The part numbers on the arms and the upright match what Yamaha has on their website. Unfortunately, the hardware was in different bags with no part numbers on them.

Now I'm wondering if we even received the correct hardware kit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As I thought, the kit we were sent had the parts bag for the 950, not for the 1300. That would be why they did not line up just right.

I now have the proper hardware kit AND instructions from Yamaha which I am including here.

Font Parallel Pattern Handwriting Paper

Font Material property Paper Paper product Document

White Font Line Parallel Map

1 - 8 of 8 Posts