Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am the new owner of a 2007 Vstar 1300 tour. The bike has new Kenda Kruz tires and it feels very unstable above 65MPH. It has a very tall windshield on it and I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I have ridden many bikes over my time and have never felt one like this before. Any thoughts on what this is or if anyone has ever experienced it. It seems that the bike wants to wander around on the road at speeds. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will give this a try tomorrow and see how it is. I see these videos with people running at high speeds and I just don't feel safe on this bike as it is. I am hoping that I can resolve it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Before i took it for another test ride I'd give it a once over to make sure everythings tight. Also check the psi in the tires, it's probably the most over looked culprit.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hello all, I am the new owner of a 2007 Vstar 1300 tour. The bike has new Kenda Kruz tires and it feels very unstable above 65MPH. It has a very tall windshield on it and I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I have ridden many bikes over my time and have never felt one like this before. Any thoughts on what this is or if anyone has ever experienced it. It seems that the bike wants to wander around on the road at speeds. Thanks
Your bike looks just like mine. Mine is stable to 100 :grin: with the factory tall windshield. Could be something with the tires like everyone else is thinking.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
which model kenda do you have on the front? front tires that have a fairly straight thread will wander, check the neck bearing for looseness, when you chop the throttle at 60 mph is there any wobble in the front? is it really wandering or is twitching back and forth a few inches?

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,882 Posts
Another strong possibility is old tires will wear most in the middle, making the tread shaped somewhat like a U. The new tire has more of a V shape. This will effect how the bike handles. Since the bike is new to you with new tires might just be a different feeling at first. Good luck on what you find out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts