Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, Have a question I have a 14 950 vstar I added cobra speedster slashdown full exhaust system with the cobra fi2000 powerpro tuner. Sounds nice and gained alot of power on the low end but as I get into the higher RPM's it starts to break up any suggestions how to solve this problem? Thanks.. Glad to be apart of the star group. Safe riding.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Break up? If you mean it's cutting out then you're probably hitting the rev limiter. If the power is just flattening out then I'd have to ask if you're still using an unmodified stock intake.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes still using stock intake. It feels like its either miss firing or starving for fuel. it sputters as you get on the throttle with the stock exhaust thought I had more of a power band.

·
Registered
894 Posts
It shouldn't be cutting or sputtering, but based on your information the stock air box could be flattening your powerband. But, sputtering shouldn't be happening unless you are reaching redline.

·
Super Moderator
6,393 Posts
Hi Gill, sparkn is correct. Think of it this way, you've opened up the exhaust with the cobra system and fuel processor, but not the airflow. Unfortunately the 950's are very lean from the factory due to EPA regulations. You don't have to spend a fortune on an air intake system either. As the finishing touch on my 09' 950t, the open air intake allowed the motor to breathe. I'd suspect it's starving for more air since you've opened up the exhaust. As sparkn eluded to, the stock air intake is probably flattening your powerband. Keep us updated once it clears up for you.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Can't help you with your question, unfortunately, but welcome to the forums from the Netherlands, and safe riding!

And a few pics of your ride would be appreciated too :).

Kind regards, Wim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keith and Sparkn new air box is on and it took care of the problem. Powerband is so much better thottle response is great also. Thanks for the advice!!! Pics coming soon.... Thanks wim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts