Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I don’t know how else to post on here, but I’m trying to figure out what kind of battery I should get for my vstar since it does need to be replaced. Also a recommendation as to where to go would be most helpful as well.
Thanks!
Kaitlin

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,636 Posts
You have many choices to choose from. Stock style standard battery are from about $35. Average life a year or two. I prefer AGM battery, they are sealed and very vibration proof, I get about 4 years life. I normally buy mine from Batteries Plus, they are nation wide and never any issues with their battery. It depends on your budget and quality you what. I'm sure others will chime in with their recommendations.

Walmart

Batteries Plus

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
$35 with free shipping is a good deal

you dont have to spend a lot of money on the battery for a 650. The bike hardly loads the battery up at all, it has no key fob or other electronic junk that is constantly draining the battery down when the bike is not running, so that first battery listed by Les will last you 3 or 4 years.

The thing you have to get right is make sure the battery from a website is listed for your motorcycle make year and model, otherwise it wont fit into the space on the right side under the seat, and the red + and black - battery terminals may be on the wrong side, and the wires wont reach.

Installing it is pretty easy with a screwdriver. Pull the black (-) terminal off the old battery first, and put it back on the new battery last.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts