Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Wow, great comments and suggestions guys. Some good points faffi. I feel really comfortable with my ability to stretch the driveshaft and end up with a straight drive shaft.Your'e right that the lines on the swing arm will be more challenging but I think I can make that work too. I agree with Deeksvstarclassic that the seat further back for the low back look is pretty cool. I did a test fit to see how it feels too and it's pretty comfortable with the seat back. One added benefit of stretching the bike is that my already long, lengthy two into one exhaust gets stretched a little more on the header end of it. I think it will be a good look and I can probably adjust it so that both headers are the same length. I wanted to do that when i first built the exhaust anyway. Jspree, I think you nailed it with take apart the seat and extend the front of it. I could probably modify the seat pan to fit correctly / extend it, and then have the rest of the seat done professionally. I wasn't even thinking about the space behind the side cover. faffi gets credit for that observation because that could be something great. More storage or possibly leave it open and do something to the driveshaft to accentuate its revolutions. Maybe do like a perforated metal cage on the drive shaft or something wild like that. I can figure that out last after all of the other work is done.Thanks guys.

I think my steps are to mock up that seat and if all of my lines still look good then its time to start fabricating parts. Stay tuned...

21 - 21 of 21 Posts