Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2007 v-star 650 silverado and can't find the helmet holder. It didnt come with a manual but I pulled one up online from yamaha for the 650 classic (silverado not listed for 07 manuals) and it shows it to be on the side of the rear fender. This would place it behind the saddle bags but I can't find it there. I was going to order a bracket to move it to the fron fender but that wont do me any good if I don't even have a lock. Should I have one? Am I looking in the wrong spot? Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can't speak for the 650 but i have a 2007 250 and the helmet lock is on the fender(mudguard) at the top of the rear wheel on the left hand side.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just purchased a 2007 v-star 650 silverado and can't find the helmet holder. It didnt come with a manual but I pulled one up online from yamaha for the 650 classic (silverado not listed for 07 manuals) and it shows it to be on the side of the rear fender. This would place it behind the saddle bags but I can't find it there. I was going to order a bracket to move it to the fron fender but that wont do me any good if I don't even have a lock. Should I have one? Am I looking in the wrong spot? Thanks
I have the 08 V Star 650 Silverado Classic, and mine did not come with a helmet lock, The manual is sort of generic, the siverado with the saddle bags and windscreen, just doesn't come with a helmet holder or lock.

Dennis

·
Registered
1 Posts
V Star Classic 650 Helmet Lock

2009 650 Classic, helmet lock is on the left side of rear fender under fender bracket. Lousy place to put it if you have saddlebags.
Suggest you get an after market unit to clamp on handlebars near right mirror. :) When you find one( that doesn't cost me my first born) let me know. I need one also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts