·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Year: 2007
Make/Model: VStar Custom
Eng size:650 cc
Modifications: Raked trees, extended forks, lowered, front wheel swap
Accessories: Bars, risers, grips, mirrors, all lights including frame lights, HardKrome Exhaust, Hypercharger, HD horn, fork bullets, Pegs, rear wheel cover, driveshaft cover, swing arm covers, seat, side mount plate, aftermarket full rear fender-removed front fender, painted or powdered most of the chrome, or accessories that were purchased as chrome.
Length of time to build: Still at work
And the story/inspiration/additional comments:
My story is one of “love at first sight”. I was in the market for a bike, and really had my eye on one from another brand, that was all black. Unfortunately, it was out of my budget at the time. I didn’t give up hope though. I searched day and night, quite literally, for a cheaper alternative. I guess you could say I was slightly impatient. We’ll before long, I found it. The Yamaha Midnight Custom 650 was the bike for me. The price was ideal, allowing me to pay cash for one, and call it all mine! Sadly, there wasn’t one at the local dealer, so I began my tireless search again. At last, about two hours away, a dealer had one still in the crate, but said he could have it ready for me first thing in the morning. Well, guess who was waiting on him when he turned the key, and opened for business the next morning. A couple of signatures later, and I was the proud owner of a 2007 Vstar Custom. After a polite thank you or two, I bid them good bye. As casual as I could manage, I strolled out the door, and took a seat on MY bike for the first time. Our maiden voyage together was over 100s mile taking her back home. From that day forward, I’ve never looked back, and never regretted buying my VStar. It is truly a great bike!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, we have the year in common too. Small world ain't it...Vstars, names, and age, what are the odds of that. Almost forgot forums too:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
No way. thats too cool. I guess your in GA? We moved to Raleigh recently, hoping to be able to settle here. My oldest started kindergarten this week. Maybe we'll get to ride together sometime on one of the other forums meets or something. See ya around the forums.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No way. thats too cool. I guess your in GA? We moved to Raleigh recently, hoping to be able to settle here. My oldest started kindergarten this week. Maybe we'll get to ride together sometime on one of the other forums meets or something. See ya around the forums.
Yep, Georgia here. My oldest is almost finished, started his Senior year in highschool this week. It would be great to get a ride in someday.:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Great looking bike. As you, I also loved my 2009 all black VSTAR and have continued replacing the chrome with black parts. Check out my pix.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great looking bike. As you, I also loved my 2009 all black VSTAR and have continued replacing the chrome with black parts. Check out my pix.
Sweet, love the red trim on the wheels, and the dual lights. I've actually thought about eventually going with a small dual light setup myself.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've actually thought about eventually going with a small dual light setup myself.
I've seen that light, you have mounted on your bike, used on other bikes and it never seems to look right. Yours is the first bike I've seen that it looks correct. Just seems perfectly proportional. Good looking bike.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've seen that light, you have mounted on your bike, used on other bikes and it never seems to look right. Yours is the first bike I've seen that it looks correct. Just seems perfectly proportional. Good looking bike.
Thanks Matt
It took awhile to find the Dual headlights and then I had to decide between the 4 3/4 & 5 3/4. After looking at the Triumph Thunderbird, which inspired me, I chose the 5 3/4 and fiddled around until it looked right. A lot of it had to do with proper headlight aim. If interested, the lights are at Aztec 8 and they actually posted a picture of my bike.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks:) I have a couple of ideas for the dual light set up eventually. For now though, the "wave" headlight serves the purpose.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts