Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what other people are getting for milage,with what mods. Also what grade of fuel do you use ?

I have bak, powerpro fms, hard krome sideburner. I run 91 octane pretty much all the time. The cost is around $1.47 per litre. I ride fairly enthusiastic. Lately my gas light comes on around 150 kms.

It cost $15.00 so its not a big deal to me to fill, just curious to see what others as getting for real world numbers.

·
Administrator
13,271 Posts
you should check out this thread:

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443&highlight=gas+mileage

i've got aftermarket pipes/air/fms and ride more aggressively than most. i get about 40mpg. there is no use in using anything higher than 87 octane. the engine and it's crankshaft and gearing were designed for the 87 octane detonation. if it is running properly, you should see absolutely no benefit from running a higher octane. if you do see some benefit, then it most likely means there is an issue with your engine. so don't waste your money, even if it's not much.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run premium just to avoid the ethanol blend.

It cost less than a cup of coffee to use per fill. If it burns cleaner it has its plus, however if it is doing nothing maybe I need to look in changing.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have an 1100 so take this for what its worth: My bike runs about the same on 91 and 87. Therefore I run 87 (with ethanol) as is recommended in the manual. When I put the bike into winter storage in late autumn I fill it with 91 (no ethanol) to avoid the hydoscopic properties of ethanol during the 5 or so months of inactivity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts