Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Stryker SE Bullet Cowl green; 2014 V Star 950T
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I have a couple of questions and need some info/help so please bear with me... My wife wants to remove her passenger seat and backrest. She's got the touring edition, so with the bags and crash bars. While looking up the bike this afternoon to see how I could pull them off, I notice that she didn't have those side strut brace brackets or if they are called stays (as per partzilla)? that are on each side of the rear fender. If I remove the backrest and reinstall the bags there won't be anything there... just fender, bolts, and bag rack. Does the fender need those side "stays" or are they mostly for looks? I hope this makes sense... so here are a few pics of what I mean, the bike without the rear passenger is what we want to get, and minus the rear seat also, the rest is her ride.

Sorry if this is obvious but I really not sure if I need to get some of those "stays" sold online or if I can simply remove the passenger everything and reattach the saddles.

Many Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine looks the same as the pictures above only I bought spacers from the local hardware store for less than 2 bucks and painted them black. I think 2 were 1 1/2 inches and 2 were 2 inches wide and took the bolt with me to make sure I got a tight fit. I also installed flat washers and rubber washers to protect the surfaces.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I removed mine a few years ago without any issues. I made my own spacers to take the place of the of the chrome bracket. Here are a couple pics. Hope this helps if this is the look you're going for.
View attachment 116466 View attachment 116467
Yeah, that's exactly what we want to do! Very cool! I was hoping I didn't have to spend 150$ on those from Partzilla! Do you happen to remember the lenght you
used for the DIY spacers?

Thank you!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine looks the same as the pictures above only I bought spacers from the local hardware store for less than 2 bucks and painted them black. I think 2 were 1 1/2 inches and 2 were 2 inches wide and took the bolt with me to make sure I got a tight fit. I also installed flat washers and rubber washers to protect the surfaces.
That's just what I might end up doing! would you have any pictures of you DIY?

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Awesome! Thanks a lot guys!! You saved me a pretty coin. Ill post some pics when I get this done!

Safe riding to both of you!
Joey

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm looking to do the same on mine, lose the passenger seat and rear rack, etc. The thing is I would have to replace it with a fender rack as the bags are slung over the rear fender.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Any ideas on racks or anything else that would work?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts