Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi. Just bought a new VStar 950 for my wife. She does not like using the heel shifter, but the toe portion of the shift lever is too far forward for her to reach. Any suggestions on aftermarket levers that bring the toe portion further back? Would also like the heel portion to be deleted, but can live with it if the toe were further back. Thanks for the help.
I ended up having to move forward to reach the toe shifter - now my back doesn't reach the backrest. My arms are short (I am 5'2") so I had to add 3" risers to my 950 anyway -- I really think I needed 4" risers - but then I would have had to change out the cables.... my hubby said he might take off the shifter, cut the length down about an inch and re-weld it to it... he hasn't done it yet, but he'll get the guys where he works to do it... I am holding out for a modified heel/toe shifter (maybe chrome) from Kuryakan. ;)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.