Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2014 model that had been laid down and has road crash on the top of the headlight bezel ring, and the headlight body/bucket is cracked. It is also missing both front turn signals, and missing some bolts that hold the bracket in place because it's bent. Pics in my profile.
I would like to switch to LED lights anyway. Does anyone know the best solution for an inexpensive option to replace the total headlight assembly with an LED version, and add LED driving lights with turn signals. Who is a good company to buy from? All the Ebay options say no assembly instructions, or sometimes no screws etc to mount. I am weary of purchasing anything I've read about on Ebay so far...thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
ebay is a swamp, swim at your own risk

there are some good LED headlights for Vstar bikes (Edit: on amazon) multi LED headlight arrays that include the proper reflectors

they are designed to fit into the existing headlight bucket, not sure it they re-use the front lense

so that would be one option, get a replacement OEM bucket and ring, and get the designed-to-fit LED headlight array.

I was recently surprised, they have come down in price, around $35 to $50 depending on which size bucket you have.

BTW must have been a hell of a crash if the top of the headlight was scraping the pavement.

Im sure there are also completely headlight and turn signal replacements, I have not looked at them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have thought about the locations of road rash and trajectories too. I wish I knew. The young man selling it bought it like that, says all he knows was it was sold by a dealer and laid down afterward, and so he just rode it around like that. The rims and forks are untouched, so I wonder if it slid up against a concrete wall after laying down, or something abrasive but up off the ground...curbs? I dunno...

I am glad you mentioned the reflective issues of the LED bulbs. So thankful for fellow owners and their insights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts