Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Verdicts in, I like this mid-sized Bike. Been riding since the early seventies and finally worked my way up to a 08 Goldwing/Nav that saw many great miles. I'm in my early sixties and only 5'7" and it seemed the older I get the bigger the wing became at 900 lbs not including my wife and all of her stuff. Still like to ride though and started looking. At just over 600lbs and only a 26.5" seat height this touring model lets me go to places I would not take the Wing. It handles the highway well and handles two up good for weekend trips. Just an opinion from a old rider.

·
Super Moderator
6,765 Posts
From one older rider to another Mike, I concur. I loved my 650 classic and want to make a bobber out of one, yet when I upgraded to my 09' 950t, I was amazed at how well it handled and rode when riding two up. Weather permitting, we ride two up at least 60% of the time. After i added the performance upgrades, we have no problem keeping up with traffic while still getting good mileage. If feels like a much bigger bike with nimble manuveribilty. Now if it'll just warm up some!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Mike, I did the exact same thing. At age 70 the 'Wing was just too much bike (especially around town), so I bought a 950. I've never looked back and still have a grin on my face whenever I ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts