Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im running vance&hines pipes with stock jets and air intake if i trim the intake to force air in what jet kit should i purchase stage 1 or 2 what sizes should i be looking at ? 2002 vstar 650 classic

·
Registered
9 Posts
If it could help you, modified myself... put some small "air pods" directly in carbs air intake... taking out the air bowl completely, took of last part of muffler, inserted " holed baffles"... changed "air/fuel screws" for #20 (vs 17.5) front and rear cylinders at 3 tourns out, main jets of #120 (front and rear cylinders)... took out completely AIS System, runs like a perfect bike..!
Automotive exterior Bumper Rectangle Auto part Gas

Camera accessory Camera lens Rectangle Auto part Plastic

·
Registered
401 Posts
In general jet kits are a waste. You can get jets, needles-if needed-and just do the pod mod. 650 CC & D
Better yet, if it's running smooth just leave it alone, and enjoy the ride. It's a 650 cruiser. You're not going to get Hayabusa with any mods...🏍

• Helpful
Reactions: lesblank

·
Registered
401 Posts
Ok. Yer a gear head like myself. The 650ccnd site(above) has a few good suggestions. Jets R Us has pods/universal air filters, jets and other miscellany. 😉 Ride safe, think safer.

Reactions: carllemieux16

·
Registered
9 Posts
Actually, I have a '05 1100 VSTAR, that I turned in a "Bobber" myself... and I am far from a mechanic... took a full winter to make "My Beast"... it runs really well, straight pipes, with "Baffles" haded (to keep cops away!!!)... smooooth!!!

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Mini Air Pods...
Camera lens Reflex camera Camera Digital camera Camera accessory

Baffles...
White Coil spring Gas Auto part Technology

Jets changed... everything's perfect!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts