Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is now riding with me and rear the seat on my 2002 VStar isn't the most comfortable.
The Sissy bar cushion also hits low on her back.
I didn't know if anyone had any suggestions on a good replacement for the rear seat and a higher sissy bar.
I found some higher sissy bars online but I like to get input here when I can.
The only seats I've found is the stock seat.

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
You could look into having an upholsterer do the seat for ya. Maybe re-stuff it with some other foam or gel pad. And don't know about yours, but on my sissy bar, the pad is adjustable. Have a look and see if you can move yours.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could look into having an upholsterer do the seat for ya. Maybe re-stuff it with some other foam or gel pad. And don't know about yours, but on my sissy bar, the pad is adjustable. Have a look and see if you can move yours.
The sissy bar does look like you could raise it a few inches and only use 2 bolts.
The bolts that hold it appear to be torx bolts but I can't find one that fits it.
A T25 is too small and a T27 is too big.
Looks like the previous owner tried to get them off before so I may have to drill them out and replace them.

That's a good idea on the seat, I may give that a try.
It's like sitting on a rock right now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
The sissy bar does look like you could raise it a few inches and only use 2 bolts.
The bolts that hold it appear to be torx bolts but I can't find one that fits it.
A T25 is too small and a T27 is too big.
Looks like the previous owner tried to get them off before so I may have to drill them out and replace them.

That's a good idea on the seat, I may give that a try.
It's like sitting on a rock right now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
try pounding a hex bit in the screw before drilling em and a curved pad on sissy bar is better than a straight one... just pick the one you like http://www.ebay.com/itm/Backrest-Sissy-Bar-Cushion-Pad-for-Suzuki-Honda-Yamaha-Kawasaki-Harley-C-7-/311559699740?var=&hash=item488a67bd1c:m:mxdi2LYEAmr8TxEaULXZRFA&vxp=mtr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts