Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To get my brand new 2012 VStar 950 Tourer in Impact Blue

Finally settled on it earlier in the week, got all the paperwork/down payment, etc done over the phone, all I have to do is go sign and ride!

Although I have been riding a while, dirt bikes, a 883 Sportster, a Buell Blast, this is my first NEW bike..

Already planned to do:

Kisan Headlamp Modulator
Ram Mount for my Samsung G3
Tail Light Integration

·
Registered
231 Posts
Congrats! Have a safe and FUN day!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Color me jealous.
It makes my day of working in the basement office sound even worse than simply working on a Saturday -- at least it's raining outside so I'm not missing any good riding weather.

Have a blast with the new ride.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome and congradulations on the new ride :D

·
Super Moderator
13,048 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here she is..

I'll have to say, this is an AWESOME ride. It is amazing how much different the ride is that some of the bikes I have ridden in the past. This is the first bike I have ridden with floorboards and heel/toe. IT is actually nice with my big feet.

Being easy with the first couple hundred miles as I wear the new off the tires, but that hasn't stopped me from scraping the floorboards already ;)

I am not so sure about the windscreen. I have noticed a little buffeting, but that can be remedied with removal. :D

I do have a question, anyone know of a source for billet/metal trim replacements to put in place of the plastic chrome?

2012-10-14_01-05-43_659[1].jpg

2012-10-14_01-05-19_802[1].jpg

2012-10-13_12-43-32_984[1].jpg

10/13/12
Just back from a second ride.

20121014_174528[1].jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts