Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
For some clubs the prerequisite for gettin in the gang is, to ride a Harley. :(
Think that's why so many still associate bikes with gangs. If they hear a loud bike them assume its a "Harley" and if its a group of bikes then they must be a violent biker "gang"

Isn't it ironic that the purpose of the meeting was to ease tensions between the gangs. Hard to believe people actually live like that.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Of course the vast majority of bikers is peaceful.

But my observation is similar to the OP.......group mentality takes over with two types of bikers more often than others........groups who ride Harleys and groups who ride sport bikes.

I've never heard of a group of Suzuki bikers getting into it with rival Yamaha and Honda gangs.....

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have been in the sport bike group and really turned me into more of a cruiser guy. I just enjoy cruising around with my girl. I have noticed when sport bikes are together in a group the potential for going really fast is very high.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have been in the sport bike group and really turned me into more of a cruiser guy. I just enjoy cruising around with my girl. I have noticed when sport bikes are together in a group the potential for going really fast is very high.
Ditto. Three ran up behind me this weekend as I was slowing to turn. I never saw them coming and I'm constantly checking mirrors. They must have been flying. Of course all three wearing tanks, shorts, tennis shoes.....but FF helmets. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Case in point, My Uncle saw a club ride a couple years ago. When talking to me at a family function he said he saw a biker gang, he was honestly surprised when when he learned that they were all professionals, (Dr, Lawyers, Business owners etc...)

I had a hard time keeping my smart mouth shut and not sound really disrespectful.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey...I just realized the place where the fight broke out is Twin Peaks, the same place Gas Monkey Garage built the Bronco for last season.

·
Registered
44 Posts
They built it at a restaurant?
The incident was in Waco Tx. at Twin Peaks restaurant. If that isn't what you meant...I haven't seen the show.

Or I could be totally out of place here lol

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They built it at a restaurant?
The incident was in Waco Tx. at Twin Peaks restaurant. If that isn't what you meant...I haven't seen the show.

Or I could be totally out of place here lol
I think they delivered it to Denver Co. where the owner of Twin Peaks lived. But there are several of those places but you are correct, the one on the show was in Austin, this fight was at the location in Waco.

One article I read said the LEO's were upset with the Twin Peaks staff because they had prior knowledge and were not cooperating with the investigation.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Just saw the video and much to my surprise there were non H-D bikes there. I think I counted a whopping 3 that were in question and 1 that sat waaaay to high to even be a cruiser.

·
Registered
346 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts