Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although not new to riding or Yamaha, I am new to this Forum.

I'm a 55 year old kid who loves playing with my 09 Raider. I believe it to be the finest bike I've ever owned. I love the performance and the way it handles. I have owned extreme opposites, such as a 2005Venture, and a 2006 FJR AE. The Raider kind of fits into the middle of things. And boy does it do that well!

After reading some of the posts written by others I know I can still learn a lot here. Personally I never quit learning, and have found Forums of all kinds a wealth of knowledge, as well as speaking to others who have the same for the love for riding as myself.

silverstreek.......

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Welcome!:)

The first thing you can learn is that you needn't have parted with your hard-earned dollars to post anywhere in the forum (except the VIP forum:confused:)

But you can take pride in being a member of an elite (very elite:D) group (I think there are 3 Premium members of late:). Perhaps you can all create a secret handshake or something?:eek:

So from whence comest thou?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome!:)

The first thing you can learn is that you needn't have parted with your hard-earned dollars to post anywhere in the forum (except the VIP forum:confused:)

But you can take pride in being a member of an elite (very elite:D) group (I think there are 3 Premium members of late:). Perhaps you can all create a secret handshake or something?:eek:

So from whence comest thou?
I know sometimes the people who run these Forums make nothing for their time and trouble. I figured I'd try to help in some small way?
:^)

Thanks for the Welcome and trying to watch out for me. I do appreciate it!

Silverstreek

·
Registered
281 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Yes there are plenty to learn around active forums and being able to help out a fellow enthusiast is also as rewarding. Many miles of smiles aboard your Raider.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Silverstreek....

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard silverstreek.Great ride you have there as you very well know.Along with learning here you will also find that some of us can be smart arses. But hey it's all in fun.Post some picks of your bike would liike to see it.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where i am.

If you don't mind me asking, where exactly is 'mid atlantic'?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome from where i am.

If you don't mind me asking, where exactly is 'mid atlantic'?

Hi SparkyD,

I live on a submarine, so it's in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.... :)

No actually that was my poor attempt at being funny! On the serious side of things. I've seen where a certain number of States that are located close to the Atlantic Ocean the Mid Atlantic Region.

These States consist of NY, PA, NJ, DE, WV, VA, DC, MD. I am located in the State of Maryland (State of confusion is more like it)

I can see where it is confusing to someone who's not heard of this before. And I see even if you've heard of the Mid Atlantic Region, the way I wrote it would confuse anyone.

I may have to change the way I wrote it?

Be Safe......

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Sparky, that's about half way to the UK I think ;)
WHOOEE!!! He really does live on a submarine! I bet they need good ventilation because of the exhaust huh?:eek: Wait a minute...you're pulling my leg arent you? The only place he would have room to ride in the sub would be the bowling alley! :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WHOOEE!!! He really does live on a submarine! I bet they need good ventilation because of the exhaust huh?:eek: Wait a minute...you're pulling my leg arent you? The only place he would have room to ride in the sub would be the bowling alley! :D
Yeah, we had to get rid of the Bowling Alley to make way for the new Swimming Pool:p

After they completed the Pool, the only trouble they had was finding enough water to fill it:eek:

Darn I miss the Bowling Alley already......

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hey Silverstreak, welcome. I am the other Premium member.

What can I say, should have read the instructions. As usual.....ready, fire, aim!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome to the fun house Silverstreak...and as my buddy Don pointed out, I'm also from Queen Mary's Land, right outside B'more. This is a great forum we have here and we all like to have a lot of fun. And if you did actually live on a Sub-Marine, I would have to pass along my condolences. Congrats and keep the rubber side down!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome to the fun house Silverstreak...and as my buddy Don pointed out, I'm also from Queen Mary's Land, right outside B'more. This is a great forum we have here and we all like to have a lot of fun. And if you did actually live on a Sub-Marine, I would have to pass along my condolences. Congrats and keep the rubber side down!
Yeah, we live very near the Town of Prince Frederick, MD in Calvert County. It's a beautiful area that is very close to the Chesapeake Bay. A lot of secluded roads with some that follow the shores of the Bay itself. It all makes for great riding for sure!

No, I can say I've never spent any time on a Submarine. Sitting here thinking of the Sailors that do, I have to give a call out to all of our Folks in the Military.

Thank You All for the Great Job you do each and every day! Without your sacrifice, and the sacrifice of your Famlies, we wouldn't be the Great Nation we are today!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Silverstreak, welcome. I am the other Premium member.

What can I say, should have read the instructions. As usual.....ready, fire, aim!
Hey Paddy, I don't mind donating to different causes if I have the funds to do so. I saw when I was signing up I could join the Forum without donating, but figured the people who started this Forum may be able to use the funds to help improve what-ever it is they think needs it.

I've donated to other sites this way before, and consider it helping out in some small way. With all of the free info available to us all, I have saved way more than this amount listening to others, and getting into Group Buys.

Plus, where else can you go and have this much fun for $15.00 a year? :)

Be Safe

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hey Paddy, I don't mind donating to different causes if I have the funds to do so. I saw when I was signing up I could join the Forum without donating, but figured the people who started this Forum may be able to use the funds to help improve what-ever it is they think needs it.

Yeah, I agree as far as it goes. Bevo is pretty cool, and I really like what he's done with his bike, but he's a (don't tell anyone) Longhorns fan.....!:eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts