Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Really trying to make the public think highly of motorcyclists, huh? Straight pipes will probably hurt your bike's performance, too. They'll be loud, but they aren't likely to sound very good. And they are likely to be difficult or impossible to tune.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I look at myself as a ambassador. Maybe I didn't make my post clear, drag pipes. I have Cobra slip on, want a full set of pipes, not stuff with baffles

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
421 Posts
You made yourself perfectly clear. You want loud and obnoxious. The kind of stuff that sets off car alarms at a hundred paces, and makes the general public look on you as not only a jerk, but a fool.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man ur busting my chops! Chill out and just remember, I didn't ask for any advice. Wasn't a question as to what pipes that you would suggest on my bike. If u want quiet, that's cool. I don't. Talking about loud and obnoxious :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Go for it man. I run Cobras on my 1100 without baffles. They are long, and actually not all that loud. My 650 with StreetPro pipes is actually much louder at speed. I've ridden loud and quiet bikes. I prefer loud but not ridiculous, and find my Cobras are a decent compromise. I spend more time watching for other caters and hazards than I do worrying if I offend somebody. There's always going to be somebody unhappy either way. I DO believe loud pipes make your presence better known, though I also have been in situations that folks never heard me. So it goes either way.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know. Sounded pretty serious to me:D yeah just wanting some straights that don't blue the slip ons sound fine, just want that clean straight look. Guess I'm just a redneck hillbilly!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Nope, no sarcasm at all. I put loud pipes in the same category as loud boom boxes and loud car stereos. They are an intrusive noise, and the people who have them are rude and inconsiderate of others. They cast a bad light on ALL motorcyclists, not just themselves. And no, loud pipes do not "save lives." If anything, they deafen the rider so other traffic cannot be heard.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I hear traffic just fine. I have yet to have anybody show contempt at me. Like I said, I've experienced both sides of the loud pipes argument. But I know I can hear a bike coming from a distance if it's piped and I know there's one in the vicinity so you watch for it. I'm more annoyed by idiot riders and cagers than I am anything loud.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seriously Charon your about on my last nerve. First off remember,I didnt ask!!!! Second where is this "study" that loud pipes dont save lifes. I imagine this is just your "opinion" as you dont like loud noises. I have never been startled by a bike that pulled up beside me with "loud exhaust" but I have been scaird the hell out of when a bike with stock exhaust was beside me in my truck when I had no idea they were there and I about pulled over in their lane. As to you comment that loud pipes are dangerous because you cant hear the other traffic. Do you even ride? I cant even hear my own Cobra slip ons that I have now with my head in the wind at 55 mph. Are you kidding me?
Im just trying to see if anyone has a set of full exhaust they are getting rid of,obviously you dont,go away,your irritating me.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Can't hear your Cobras, huh? Perhaps you need to visit an audiologist and have your hearing checked. I ride bikes with factory exhausts, wear a full-face helmet, use earplugs, and I can hear the exhaust on either my 250 Ninja or my 250 Star at highway speed. And to top it off, I am drawing a partial VA disability for hearing loss.

·
Registered
56 Posts
charon you are a fool. and i guess im a jerk. tct go with the short shots loud as hell look good dont blue w/ heat sheilds freakin awesome pipes. got em on all my bikes. you will surely piss off the yuppies cough cough charon cough

·
Registered
421 Posts
Bubba, you are welcome to think I am a fool. I've been called that before. But it would have been polite to let me know WHY you think so.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Girls, Girls, Girls . . . . you're all pretty . . . no need to argue :D

I guess I was wrong on the sarcasm part - but all the same . . . to each his own. TCT likes the loud pipes and will buy them and enjoy his ride, Charon hates the loud pipes and will not buy them and will still enjoy his ride.

Let's move on . . .

·
Registered
56 Posts
what!!!!!!!!!!!.....what was that!?! i couldnt hear you over how awesome my exhaust is.:p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts